Wendy Peffercorn

Ashley's POV~

To say I woke up embarrassed is an understatement.

No I was mortified.

To start off, I fell asleep on Benny's shoulder. Then, when I woke up, I saw the guys just staring at us. They started laughing. And the icing on the cake was seeing Kenny sitting there, smirking at me. I obviously blushed from embarrassment. When Benny woke up, we all left Timmy & Tommy's place to get changed for the Sandlot. I didn't dare look at Benny till later.

Yeah-Yeah and Squints had the job of getting a new ball, so the rest of us were at the dough hut drinking soda to keep cool because it was hot as hell. I was wearing a white wife beater, some shorts, converse, and tied my red flannel around my waist.

 I was wearing a white wife beater, some shorts, converse, and tied my red flannel around my waist

Yeah-Yeah and Squints finally came back. Although, Squints looked a little dazed.

"Where've you guys been? We've been waiting forever already." Benny asked, walking up to the two.

"What's with Squints?" I asked.

"Ah, he was pervin a dish." Yeah-Yeah explained.

"Shut up. I wasn't." Squints defended.

"Yeah-Yeah you were! Your tongue was hanging out of your head and you were swooning! Oh Wendy Peffercorn! My darling lover girl, oh!"

I raised my eyebrows at this.

"I said shut up. I've got a lot of things on my mind."

"As if I don't see Wendy around enough. Now you're swooning Squints." I joked. Squints just pushed me as I took a sip of my soda.

"This pop isn't working, Benny." Ham exclaimed. "I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot here!"

"It's 150 degrees out there. You can't play baseball." Squints said.

"He's right Benny." I agreed. Benny looked at me with pleading eyes. "Don't give me that look. It's hot." I said as I fanned myself.

"You have to call it for the day." Squints said. The rest of the guys agreed.

Knowing Benny, he'd even play baseball in 200 degree heat. He's like that because he's so dedicated to the sport. But, he's not so dedicated that he'd risk his friends having heat strokes.

(Fun Fact: I had a heat stroke in 8th grade during a fire drill. More info on that later)

"Vote then." Benny decided. "Anybody who wants to be a can't-hack-it, pantie waste, who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand." Immediately, the guys raised their hands, saying that they could live with that.