FOR-EV-ER

Ashley's POV~

It took some convincing, but my parents let me go to the camp out. My parents didn't really like the idea of me going to a sleepover with a bunch of boys, especially my dad. And it didn't really help either when DiDi was teasing me. Saying things like, "Is Benny going to be there?~"

I still don't get why Kenny and DiDi think I like Benny, but whatever.

Anyway, Kenny made sure to let our parents know that nothing would happen to me. It took time, but they finally agreed.

I was wearing an oversized gray shirt with pink sleeves, black leggings, gray leg warmers, black converse, and a pink corduroy jacket with my hair in a half up - half down style.

It was a while before Scotty finally showed up.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. My mom made me put on my jacket and then she made me do the dishes."

I wasn't really paying attention to what the guys were doing. I was to busy reading. A few minutes later, I felt a presence next to me. I look up from my book to see Benny.

"Hey Benny."

"Hey. Whatcha reading?" He asked.

"The Babysitters Club."

"Cool. Can I read it with you?"

"Sure." I don't know why, but my cheeks started to feel hot when Benny got closer to me so he could see the book better. We look at each other and smile. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Benny's cheeks were pink.

"Okay, quite you guys. Quite. Are you trying to wake it up? It just went to bed." We all looked at Squints.

"What just went to bed?" We all shushed Smalls.

"The Beast." We whispered.

"Oh yeah!" We all shushed him again. I smiled and shook my head.

"Now quite." Squints held a flashlight under his face to give him a dramatic effect. "The Legend of The Beast goes back a long time. Before any of us could pick up baseball."

Squints told the tale of Mr.Mertle and The Beast. Half way through the story, I started to get tired. Before I even knew it, I fell asleep.

Benny's POV~

By the time Squints finished the story, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked down and saw that Ashley had fallen asleep. I felt heat rise in my cheeks and smiled. I tuned back into the conversation after I pushed a strand of hair out of Ashley's face.

'She's even beautiful asleep'

"See man. That's why you can't go over there. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will." Bertram said.

"One kid did. But nobody ever saw him again." said Ham.

"That ain't true." DeNunez countered.

"Yeah it is. He got eaten."

"Naw. None of that's true. You guys are just making this up to scare me." Smalls said.

"Oh yeah." Squints jumped down from his ledge. "Stick your head out that window and look down."

Smalls looked down out the window. A few seconds later, he backed away from it. "He's down there." He whispered.

"I bet he is." Squints said.

"Whatever goes over that fence..." Ham shuddered. "Stays there."

"Becomes the property of the beast. Forever." Squints finished.

We all decided to go to sleep. I look at DeNunez to see him smirking at me. I blushed and rolled my eyes. I got a blanket and covered Ashley and I in it. I rested my head on hers and fell asleep.

.

.

.

2 updates in one day?! Yay! I'm being productive!

You might get a third update later. It all depends on how long it takes me to wright the chapter down and then type it. Also, I'm sorry if these 2 chapters were to short. I'll try to make the next chapters longer.

And Ashley's starting to catch feelings! So excited to where this story is going! 😁

Bye Loves!😘💕

-AnimeChild OUT!