The Boy

Elise's perspective:

You probably have heard of me in the news. The girl who has been considered dead for a year now. You probably have no idea about what happened to me though, do you. Well before you find me I will tell my story.

It started a little like this...

May 3, 1998

I yawned tired of the drive to Savannah. You may be wondering why I'm going to Savannah. Well time for a little history...

My brother, Jason, works for the F.B.I. with my best friend Jane. I was told that the captain of the F.B.I. had reopened a hotel after two years. A few murders and kidnappings happened but no one could find any evidence that there was a murder or a kidnapper at the hotel.

My brother asked if Jane could see if the hotel was all fixed up. See the second reason the hotel was closed in the first place was because it had a rat problem. This is where I come in. Jane asked me if I could go with her to the hotel, just as an, "extra pair of eyes." She also informed me on what she would be doing at the hotel.

Jane drove the car with her window rolled down slightly. Her blond hair flew around in the wind as she drove.

"We'll be at the hotel in around, five to ten minutes." Jane said rolling the window up.

"Do we even know if the rats are gone? And what if the murder is at the ho..." Jane cut me off.

"You are worrying way too much. If there happens to be any problem then I'll handle it. You just enjoy the sights. Got it?" Jane said, moving her hair out her face once again.

"Yeah. Yeah. Does Jason even know you took me with you, I mean this would be classified information, right?" I asked, glancing over at Jane.

"What he doesn't know, won't hurt him. I'll call him when we make it to the hotel and say that you wanted to go somewhere away from home and bla bla." Jane said, smiling a little.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes away from Jane. We continued to drive down this awfully long road. Every tree we passed was wilted away. The grass was a dark brown. And there was ash that flew around as we drove. "What happened?"

"There was a massive forest fire a few weeks ago. Many lost their lives. A tragic event." Jane said with a hint of sorrow in her eyes.

"Folly House Hotel, a hotel of happiness!"

The sign read. We pulled up to an amazing hotel. I stared in shock at the sight. The hotel stood five stories high, with pristine white painted wood. A beautifully decorated flower pot stood by the door, holding a decor of plan white roses.

"This is amazing." I said in aw. Jane parked the car, glancing over at me in confusion.

"This...this is amazing?" She questioned staring at the hotel in disgust. I looked over at her.

"Am I wrong?" I asked glancing back at the hotel to realize that it had transformed.

The once white hotel was now a grey color, with paint peeling off all around. The roses were now wilted away next to a broken flower pot. An attic seemed to be added because the hotel seemed a bit taller. A broken window was in the center where the attic was. Behind that broken window stood a boy.

A boy with dark brown hair, a black shirt and he seemed to be staring at Jane.

That was the first sign for us to keep out.