Jason

Jason's Perspective

After everything….

May 10, 1999

I watched as you entered the elevator with a look of sorrow in your eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked. You nodded as the elevator doors closed. 

Now I wait.

::Ding::

Before….

May 8, 1998

I stared at the newspaper and took a deep breath in.

"Eighteen year old girl gone missing. Name is Elise Bishop. Roughly 5'0 feet tall. With  long brown hair and more than likely wearing a black long sleeve shirt with blue jeans. If any information please contact…" The paper read.

It's been five days since she went to that awful hotel. I sat at my desk trying not to burst in tears.

"Hey, Jason. We'll find Elise. Don't worry." Erin said, trying to comfort me. I rested my head on my desk. Missing people cases are always happening. But when someone you have known your whole life vanishes, it's different. There is a pit in your stomach and the thought that you could have saved them appears.

"I know. I just...need to think." I said looking up at Erin. He always tried to make everyone see the brighter side of things especially with serious cases.

"Do you want to go to the hotel later? To see if there is evidence to where she went." Erin asked as he got up. I nodded as I placed my head back down on my desk. "Why did you allow Jane to take Elise, anyways?"

"Because Jane is one of the best so if anything did happen I trusted her to take care of Elise." I said biting my tongue. "Now Jane has no clue of what happened."

"Did you tell the captain?" Erin asked, looking carefully at me.

"No." I muttered. "I thought she would be fine."

Erin got up and walked to the door.

"If you want to find Elise then come on." Erin said. I got up; the pit in my stomach was growing. We walked outside to the car and hopped in. I sighed resting my head against the window.
As we got closer to where the hotel was the ash grew thicker.

"You'd think that with all this ash no one would travel here." Erin said, trying to spike up a conversation.

"Yeah." I said, continuing to look out the window.

"Folly House Hotel, a hotel of happiness!" The sign read.

"Heh, funny. After everything that happened do they even have a right to call this place a place of happiness?" Erin questioned, laughing a little. I continued to look outside, not saying a word.

As we pulled up to the hotel Erin stared in amazement. I looked at the hotel with utter disgust. The hotel stood maybe four stories up with rotting wood and paint peeling off.

"Wow." Erin said in aw, as he parked the car. I looked over at him in confusion.

"Did...did you just say wow?" I asked, stuttering a little. Erin looked at me.