No! what am I talking about? I don't need anyone, and that's obviously not what she meant.

Before I could say anything else, she stood up and turned to leave my office.

A few moments later, after my door closed, I could hear faint voices outside my door.

I walked to my door to hear more clearly. As I was getting closer, I recognized Arabella's voice and my daughter's. They where chatting and laughing. I have never heard my daughter laugh and talk to a complete stranger. They were talking about how beautiful they looked in their dress.

I chuckled, when my daughter pointed out that she was wearing her night dress - which she calls 'jamas.'

After a few moments I decided to make my presence known.

I opened my door, and walked out. My daughter saw me and she immediately ran to me. I caught her and hugged her to me.

I noticed how Arabella's body stiffened.

I introduced my daughter to her and she looked genuinely happy and taken with my daughter, which made it harder for me. I knew she was right for the job, but I just don't think it's right to have her so close when I'm reacting to her physically. I just don't need this type of complication.

She said her goodbye, and I can't help but wonder as she was walking away from us, if she'll be thinking of us and if we'll see her again.

The thought of not seeing her again almost made me call her back and hire her.

But I didn't.

Instead, I turned to my daughter and said, "Let's go have some breakfast, principessa."

"I wike her, daddy. She's nice and pwetty," Lia said.

I didn't know what to say, so I simply smiled down at my daughter and carried her downstairs for breakfast.

But the things is... I liked her too.

The problem is... I liked her too much.

Arabella

Lia...such a beautiful name for a little girl, I thought to myself.

If only that Daddy of hers wasn't so...so...aargh! That man is so infuriating and so...so...Damn it!

Ok fine. So he was handsome. So what? He was arrogant too, and that is unattractive.

Oh come on, Arabella... admit it. He was handsome and attractive, despite his arrogant demeanour.

Aargh! You need a job. You need to find a job. Focus on that.

I let out a startled gasp, when my phone rang, interrupting my thoughts.

It's Al.

"Hey," I said answering my cell.

"Hey, so how did it go?" she asked.

I groaned. "Don't ask." I said.

"That bad huh? I told you, you should have worn something sexy," she joked.

I laughed and said,"You know I don't get it. I mean, you'd think he would be impressed and you know, pick me for the job; but that prick actually used my achievements against me. I mean, he didn't hire me because of it. That doesn't even make sense," I ranted.

She laughed and said, "Well, if you just listened to me and wore..."

"Stop..." I said interrupting her, but giggling at the same time.