Her Second Capture

Start from the beginning

"Pull in there!" Anna said with excitement as she pointed to the first fast-food joint we saw.

I glanced over at her, rolled my eyes, and happily obliged. She ordered two burgers, a large fry, and a sweet tea. "Jesus, are you hungry?" I asked in a joking manner.

Anna rolled her eyes back at me while I laughed at her expense. "It's not me. The baby wants it," she chuckled.

"You know that's a myth, right?" I looked over at Anna as she raised one eyebrow.

"It's not a myth, trust me, I never eat like this!" Anna insisted.

We approached a stoplight after exiting the parking lot. Anna sat in the passenger seat, shoveling fries into her mouth. As we waited for the light to change, she took in the scenery. Anna immediately noticed the person in the car next to us.

She nudged my arm with her fistful of fries, "Nathan, look at that girl, quick, is that Katherine?" Anna seemed concerned as she pointed to the driver, who was staring straight ahead.

I glanced over and did a double-take. "No, that can't be Katherine. She's in Pennsylvania. What would she be doing here in Arizona?" I'm not going to lie, that girl resembled her, and I would know, she was mine for a long time.

"Follow her," Anna stated with a sense of urgency.

"What? Follow her? No, Anna, that's crazy. It's not her." I was worried for a brief moment, but I started to second guess if it was her.

"Do it, Nathan," Anna demanded.

"Fine," I reluctantly replied while I granted her wish to follow the familiar-looking woman.

The Katherine-looking woman began to drive off as the light turned green. I pulled behind her, trying to remain unnoticed. I lowered my ball cap to shield my face from her view as we continued to follow her.

She drove a few miles down the road and entered a little motel on the corner of East Benson Hwy. I drove in behind her and backed my car into a spot not too far from hers.

We decided to stake out the motel to see if we could get a closer look. As the woman exited her vehicle, she turned in our direction. She had not seen us, but it seemed as if she was slowly inhaling the beautiful day. As she approached her room, an all too familiar gentleman greeted her at the door. It was Officer Eric Stanley.

Anna looked over at me since she recognized his face as well. Her eyes were wide with fright when she suddenly realized they must have been down in Tucson to look for us.

"What the hell!" Anna shouted as she crouched down to shield herself from their view.

"We need to go, and now," I expressed to her.

Anna reached over and grabbed my arm to stop me from driving away. She appeared excited as she told me her plan. "Wait. We need to get rid of her, Nathan."

"Anna, she's with Officer Stanley. How is that going to work?" I wanted to make Katherine pay for attempting to kill me, but not with Eric alongside her.

"Nathan, look, it will be easy. Clearly, she leaves Eric alone from time to time. We can grab her then. Let's sit and watch her for a bit, and the first opportunity we get, we take her."

"Who was this girl sitting next to me? This beautiful creature, the woman that I love has the twisted mind of a killer. " I thought to myself.

I knew she was my Anna, but it felt like I was sitting next to the female version of myself. All I could do was lean back and smile, knowing Anna remained on my side.

We sat and stalked Katherine for the remainder of the day, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Finally, it seemed as if she were about to leave out on her own. She wore a tracksuit, so I assumed she was heading out for a quick jog.

Instead of setting off to jog from the motel, Katherine hopped in her car, oblivious that we would be following close behind. She made the ten-minute drive to a remote area leading to the Rock Wren Trails.

Anna glanced toward me with a devious smile when she realized Katherine would be secluded. She reached down for her purse and set it on her lap as she pulled out the gun she had previously purchased. She gently placed her weapon on her lap and once again smiled back at me.

The drive did not take long, and Anna and I decided to lie in wait for our perfect opportunity to strike. We saw Katherine get out of her vehicle, and we concluded then was as good of a time as any. Katherine began her trek with Anna and me, silently pacing behind. She had earbuds in, playing music, so she never heard us approach. There was no one around at that moment, so Anna decided it was time to make our move. We quietly sprinted to Katherine as Anna placed the gun in her back.

Stunned, Katherine whipped around to see who stood behind her. A look of shock fell over her face as she focused on the evil-grinning Anna. She then shot me the same look as her surprise turned to absolute fear. I devilishly grinned at Katherine while Anna left her held at bay.

"Hello, Katherine," I softly said to her.

She never knew what hit her.