Chapter 4: Larry's Drone

BEEP

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP... Machines monitoring a sedated HEARTBEAT...

FADE IN:

INT. STABLE - OPERATING TABLE

A Sheldoraptor raivei - not dissimilar from the one above - lays unconscious with all sorts of monitoring equipment and restraints

Medical drones hover above the feathery creature preparing to operate on its head. This young specimen is labelled SH1_001, and will be commonly known as LURION, the first chipped predator.

LATER

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP... the HEARTBEAT increases but it is still steady,..

Lurion wakes up. He lays his groggy and pissed off eyes on Yome, that ungrateful fanny. How dare she stand over him in his undignifying helpless state? She will pay. 

YOME
Hello. Can you understand me? Nod if you do.

Lurion wants to bite her head off... BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, the HEARTBEAT rushes up. Yome leans on the instruments, she almost expect the raptor to start struggling...

Instead he nods calmly... 

The HEARTBEAT slows back down...

YOME
(smiling)
Welcome to Smartland, big boy.

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP...

CUT TO:

EXT. SNOWY DEEP FOREST - DAY

Lurion wakes up hungry in his small burrow. 

He gets out of there and shuffles the undergrowth, sniffing about...

...And sniffs some more...

...And shuffles further...

The CHIRPING chatter and distant WAILING of the forest suggest him that there ought to be game about, but walking in slushy terrain is going to prove tiring.

He pushes on.

What's that?

An Aralodon colony sprints through the foliage: leaves tremble, dirt scrambles, and a marmot-like scamper decides it's a good time to hide underground.