chapter 10

Maya's Pov:

I woke up the next day in my room. Josh must of brought me home last night. I got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I walked into my kitchen and saw my mom making breakfast.

"Wow mom, your actually here? Don't you have work?" I asked confused.

"Not today, I'm going to a new job that pays better" she said proud and I was proud to.

"Oh, good! Where at?" I said Happy.

"Its in California"

"We're moving!"

"Your not. I am" she said putting food on the table.

"So where am I going?"

"Your gonna stay with Riley"

"So your moving to California alone?"

"She'll be with me" I heard a guy say from behind me.

I turned around and saw an unfamiliar face.

"Who are you?" I asked the man.

"I'm your father"

"What are you doing here?" I asked upsettingly.

"Your mother and I are getting back together, and we're moving to California together"

"No! No! MOM YOU CANT BE WITH HIM! HE LEFT US FOR ANOTHER WOMAN! YOU CANT DO THIS TO US! YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!" I yelled crying.

"I'm sorry Maya, but this is what we want. You have no say in this" my mom said touching my shoulder.

"DONT TOUCH ME! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!" I yelled at my mom.

"I wanted you to come with us but your mom thought it was better that you stay with the Matthews" The man said. I'm not even gonna call him my dad. He doesn't deserve that name.

"Why are you talking to me? I never gave you permission"

"Maya, as your father I can talk to you all I want" he said.

"Your not my father. I will never call you my father." I said getting upset. "YOU LEFT US FOR ANOTHER WOMAN! I DONT CARE IF MY MOM LETS YOU BACK IN HER LIFE! YOU WILL NEVER BE IN MINE!" I YELLED AT HIM.

"Honey, its ok. Everything is gonna work out" my mom said.

"NO! NOTHING IS EVER GONNA WORK OUT IN MY LIFE! YOUR LEAVING ME! MY BOYFRIEND IS LEAVING ME! HE'S ALL I HAVE LEFT!!!!" I yelled at my mom.

"You have a boyfriend?" The man asked.

"Yeah I do and if you were here for most of my life, you would know things like that!" I shot back at him.

"Maya! You don't not talk to your father like that!" He said.

Who does he think he is!

"Your not my father!" I yelled running to Riley's house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

I climbed up latter of Riley's apartment building and climbed  through her window.

She was laying on her bed writing something.

"Riley?" I asked coming into her room.

"Hey Maya! I need to tell you all about my date with Lucas!" She said really happy.

"And I need to talk to you."

"About my date with Lucas?"

"No, about my parents."