Chapter 14

This chapter will have a major plot twist!

Maya's Pov:

After school we all went to Riley's house and by all I mean me, Lucas, farkle, josh, and Mr. Matthews.

Mrs. Matthews decided that because josh will only be here for a little while that we should have a small party. When we agreed she went straight to the kitchen and started making food with the help of Mr. Matthews and auggie.

Riley, Lucas, farkle, josh, and I all sat on the couch talked.

Riley was talking to Lucas and Farkle about some strange guy she saw walking out of Walmart. I could tell Farkle was making Riley laugh really hard. More than Lucas ever could. Josh and I sat there awkwardly.
"Maya? Can we talk somewhere in private?" Josh asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, let's go to Riley's room." We both got up and walked to Riley's room. When we were there we sat on her bed.

"Listen Maya, I love being with you."

"I love being with you to."

"But I think we should breakup. Long distance relationships never work out and they can't stay faithful and end up dating other people. So I think its best if we stay friends." Josh confessed.

I felt as if an arrow went through my heart. I didn't want to break up with him but I knew he was right about the whole long distance thing.

"I agree. I think we should break up."

"Your not sad? I know when I was telling you I felt pretty sad that we weren't going to be together."

"No I am sad. But I'll live through it."

"Good." He said touching my shoulder and then he walked out of the room.

I thought to myself:

Well now that we're not together anymore, I think it's time I told Mr and Mrs. Matthews about us. They deserve to know. Especially now that we broke up.

I walked back to the living room and I announced it. "Excuse me everyone!" I said. They all looked at me. "I know your busy making food and talking about weird people but I have a confession to make. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before Mr and Mrs. Matthews but Josh and I were dating!"

I looked at Mr. Matthews and his face was red with anger.

"YOU!" He yelled a Josh. He ran towards josh and Josh ran around the room. Mr. Matthews was chasing after him and he was really mad. I didn't mean to make him upset, I just wanted him to know the truth. While they were doing that Mrs. Matthews pulled me aside.

"Maya, how come you never told us?" She asked.

"Because I knew this was going to happened." I said pointing at Mr. Matthews and Josh. "And I didn't want to lose Josh. I really liked him and he really liked me."

"Liked?"

"Yeah, liked. We just broke up a few minutes ago." I said looking down.

"Oh Maya!" She said hugging me. When she let go of me Mr. Matthews was still chasing after Josh.

"Hey!" I yelled and they both stopped running. "Good, now that I got your attention I need to tell you something else. Mr. Matthews, a few minutes ago.... Josh and I broke up. You have no reason to be mad because we're not together anymore."

"Yeah, you heard her. We broke up." Josh said out of breath.

"Well I still am mad because your my brother Josh and Maya, your like a daughter to me. Which means that Josh, you were dating your neice." Mr. Matthews said.

"But we're not anymore so its all good, right?" Josh asked Mr. Matthews.

"Yeah, its all good."

"Not for me!" Riley whinnied. "I totally shipped you guys. Your ship name is Joshaya!"

"I appreciate that you put so much effort into creating a ship name for us but it's all over Riles." I told her. She pouted and sat on the couch.

For the rest of the day we helped Mrs. Matthews make food for the party that was just for us.

The food was amazing! I devoured everything on my plate!

When I was finished I saw Riley and Lucas walk up stairs.

Riley's Pov:

After we ate Lucas asked if we could go upstairs. We haven't had time alone since our last date so I was pretty excited.

"Riley?" Lucas asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How do you think our relationship is going?"

"Well we only went on one date so I would say its not going that well."

"I agree but what do you think we should do now?"

"Honestly, I don't think we should see each other anymore. You know, like in that way. I still think I'm too young and not ready to be in a relationship just yet."

"I feel the exact same way. I'm glad we're on the same page."

"So does this mean we're just friends?"

"Just friends."

I felt a little sad at first but then I realized being friends is way easier. And I think I'm starting to like farkle and I know Lucas always had a thing for Maya.

This chapter had a big plot twist with Josh and Maya and Lucas and Riley but the next chapter, everything will change!