Prologue

« last mission »

Sometimes, you just know that life certainly is on the opposite side of your wills

And for Park Jangmi, that situation was currently getting her stuck up.

❝ What do you mean by my last mission? ❞ She emphasized on the last three words before quirking her brows up. Right before her was her senior at work, Lee Heeseung. A decent guy whom she had known for quite a time. He was always ready to help her.

But in this case, it didn't seem like he could help as well. ❝ I wish I could convince my dad too, but you know how he is. ❞ He offered her a some sort of apologetic smile that fit well with his handsome face.

She had never violated the company's rules, let alone doing something that would get her fired.

The older and her were discussing about the new files and apparently, her last mission from the company was delivered through the messenger. She worked at a espionage agency for around 4 years by now.

Her young age in frame was just perfect to collect some data secretively as an undercover spy. Nobody really knew she had to kill, stalk, harm and steal on necessary circumstances. In the eyes of others and her own family, she was just a normal highschooler living a usual life.

❝ But, this is a special offer. You might not wanna miss out on it. ❞
Heeseung had mixed feelings about this challenge assigned for Jangmi. It was.. quite odd, particularly.

It could mayhap change her personal life, and that's what he feared the most of.

❝ I guess I'll just talk to boss on my own, ❞ she spoke.

Her hands started busying themselves as she took the documents and read them through.

A shocked expression crept onto her face and she swore the soul in her body just shivered when she analyzed the mission carefully.

❝ Ain't no way...❞ she muttered, jaw almost dropping whilst Heeseung showed her an awkward smile. He knew it was going to be tough for her as well.

❝ Ain't no way I'm gonna steal something from JK law firm, and from their heir that is. ❞

She let out a scoff and rubbed her face out of stress. She knew she'd either get fired for real if she disobeyed to accept boss' orders. Well fuck. Only fate could help her with this.

❝ Good luck, Rosie Poo, ❞ Heeseung annoyingly teased her to which the youngster playfully rolled her eyes at.

❝ Hee, I swear if you call me that one more time-❞