15- The possibilities that come with dreaming

Obi-Wan escorted you back to the camp. You tried to grab his arm again, but he stepped away, almost too forcefully. He was still exercising some restraint, leaving you a few steps behind to make your own way through the crowds as he walked ahead. He pulled at his robes, cooling himself off slightly, glancing behind himself to look at you. You hurried to catch up with him, 

"General Obi-Wan, what are we doing now?"

"Going back to the clones, we've got to start moving soon." He removed his brown cloak and draped it over his shoulder,

"Where are we going again?"

"A little way past here, the Separatists have a base set up disguised as a moisture farm."

"Why would they set up a base all the way out here?" You asked,

Obi-Wan frowned, "That's what worries me, there is no reason. They're planning something, they must be." He placed a hand on your shoulder, "Come on, they'll be missing us soon."

You joined the clones at camp. They were preparing the supplies from their ships for travel, loading them onto their backs and onto the backs of animals. You offered to help, but they turned you down, already almost finished with their tasks. Instead, you moved on from watching them to assist Obi-Wan with your own duties, packing your own bag of things (mainly weapons, ropes, medical supplies, water and more packets of that horrendous food).

"Why don't we just fly the ships over to the base?" You asked, huffing as you tried to cram a med-kit into your bag.

"Because," replied Obi-Wan, leaning over to help you, removing your items and replacing them neatly, leaving room, "We don't want them to spot us. It's quieter to move on foot,"

"And harder,"

"Having doubts?" Obi-Wan was smirking,

"No, I just don't want to catch heat stroke." You snatched up your bag, Obi-Wan quickly followed you as you met back up with clones.

It was approaching midday and the suns were at their peaks. You thought maybe they would decide to wait until after this had passed, but they didn't. The clones were anxious to get moving, and you wondered how they weren't dying in their armour. Perhaps they were, but they didn't say anything.

You stayed by Obi-Wan's side, at the back of the group, making small talk and you navigated the dangerous, hot plains and dunes. You passed by a family of Jawas, eagerly selling some droids to a couple of farmers, and laughed when they approached you, trying to steal the clones armour and blasters. Obi-Wan shooed them away, urging you on through you giggles.

He kept his cloak off for the journey, but you could tell he was still roasting in his robes. Did the Jedi not know of weather-appropriate clothing? You didn't say anything, there were probably rules about modesty in the Jedi Order, or just rules about clothing in general. You watched as Obi-Wan's hair lost its shape, melting and sticking to his forehead limply. That was amusing, checking up every minute or so to see the progress that had been made. With each minute that passed, Obi-Wan became less and less concerned with trying to maintain his hair's composure, giving in to the heat and letting it do as it wanted. 

Eventually, you actually began to worry. You were nearly half way there and Obi-Wan did not look good. He was drenched, his face redder than an evening sky, his breathe coming out in pants like some sort of dog.

"Are you ok, General Obi-Wan?"

"Not really," He admitted, taking a bottle of water and splashing himself with it before swiftly downing the rest.

"Why don't you take off some of your robes?" You asked, pointing at the thick material,

He sighed before stopping his movements. You did the same, turning to see the clones had not noticed and were still marching onwards. You didn't stop them, they couldn't go far.

Obi-Wan started with his belt, removing it and handing it to you to hold. You felt a little embarrassed, watching him undress like this, but you'd feel worse if he passed out from the heat. You looked away shyly, staring at the sand instead of him.

He then removed his outer layers before tapping you on the shoulder. You looked up, expecting to see his bare chest, but instead you were met with a simple, white undershirt. He nodded to the belt, and you handed it to him. He put away his clothes in his bag and smiled at you.

"That's better, come on, we'll have to hurry to catch up with the others."

You nodded, and the two of you jogged after the clones, seeing they had made greater progress than expected, and were already over the first of the great dunes in your path. Obi-Wan took your hand and helped you climb the slope, feet sliding and sinking in the sand; sand in your eyes, your hair, your mouth. You spat out what you could when you reached the top, only for Obi-Wan to laugh at you,

"It'll be worse going down," He says, before grasping your hand again. He was starting to feel the buzz of adrenaline he always got on missions, and his grip on his Morales was starting to slip. 

He ran down the hill, dragging you behind, and the two of you practically rolled down the sand dune. Neither of you could stay completely upright, and before long you were more sliding than running, holding onto each other in a desperate attempt to stay on your feet. You couldn't stop laughing the whole way down, body trembling as Obi-Wan held you tight, your laughter causing you to lose your grip on his hand. It was nice, the two of you, sharing a moment like this. Nobody was around for miles, except the clones, but they were too concerned with their mission to pay you any mind. You could be together with him in moments like this, because of course you didn't know about the rules, the way attachment was forbidden. It was moments like these that Obi-Wan forgot that too, but he was always reminded eventually, and it always stung just as painfully. 

The two of you could never be like this, not really. 

These moments were glimpses at a possibility, like looking into another universe where such things were possible. But soon Obi-Wan would remember who he was, who he had sworn to be, and that possibility would be snatched away from him.

Soon, he would wake from this magnificent dream and have to face reality.