30- Lock the door next time, ok?

The elevator took the three of you back up into the city. Around you, the nightlife was in full swing. Skyscrapers reached up to the sky, where the moon was glowing, dimly lit compared to the lights of the city. People dressed in sequins and rich fabrics wander by, some giving a curt nod in the direction of the Jedi. Up here, there is no disguising yourself, no hiding from the eyes of the people. Obi-Wan takes a step away from you, and you try not to look disappointed. The lights illuminate the streets in shades of blue, red and pink, and the three of you weave through the crowds together. Laughter and chatter bubble in bars, looking through the windows you see dancers stood on stages, moving to the slow music that plays in the background. Every bar and restaurant reeks of money, overwhelmingly perfumed buildings with diamonds hanging from the lights stand side by side on the streets. The smell of food is all around you and your stomach growls- the slop from the packets had not been enough to satisfy you.

You stop to peer through a window, oogling at the drinks that pass by on silver trays. The liquids swirl in crystal glasses, rich jewel-toned drinks that shimmer and shine as if by magic. So excessive, so outrageously expensive. A few minutes ago, you were watching people starve in the street, and now you're watching a twi'lek saunter by to hand a man a glass of what appeared to be liquid gold. You're torn between anger and desire, not sure whether to kick up a fuss or beg Obi-Wan to buy you a drink. In your bag are a few of the Separatist posters you had kept, and the temptation to plaster one on the window is strong. But you know you'll be seen, so you grit your teeth and move away from the window. Anakin and Obi-Wan had carried on walking, not noticing your absence. You jog to catch up with them,

"You know, we're not scheduled to return until tomorrow morning..." Anakin mentions, glancing around.

"No, Anakin, we're not doing this." Obi-Wan frowns at him, the lights have made his face a soft shade of pink. 

"But Master! It'll look suspicious if we return early, almost as if we hadn't done our job properly." Anakin sighs dramatically, "You wouldn't want that, would you?" 

You stifle a laugh as Obi-Wan mulls it over. The temptation is there, and as the lights change his face from pink to blue, he nods.

"Fine. Let's go find a hotel and then maybe a couple drinks wouldn't hurt." He turns a corner abruptly, leading you and Anakin away from the bars and into a quieter part of town.

Here, the music has died down, and the people are less excitable. People fresh out of their hotels walk towards you, towards the lively restaurants and bars. The three of you happen upon a place, stepping inside to reveal a reception. You gasp. The carpet beneath your feet is as soft as any bed, the sofas are deep and curved like sculptures at the arms. The desk, a perfectly polished wood one, is decorated with golden trinkets and sweet-smelling flowers. Obi-Wan leads you towards it, but you can't stop yourself from looking around, mesmerised. The walls are a soft cream, and the ceiling is covered in swirls and patterns that remind you of clouds. You bounce excitedly on your feet as Obi-Wan books you all a room. 

Three rooms. Obviously.

You try to ignore the sinking in your stomach. Of course, it was silly to assume he would only book two rooms, that you would be staying in his bed again. He couldn't risk it, not here, not in case anyone pieced it together. You're handed your room key and you smile as best as you can. It's still a beautiful hotel, and Obi-Wan's room is just next door. You take a shaky breath and follow Anakin and Obi-Wan into the elevator that will take you all to the fifth floor. 

The room is breath-taking. A soft four-poster bed just for you, with a sheer curtain blurring your view of it. You pull the curtain aside and sit down, sinking into it with a sigh. You feel grimy from your time in the depths, and you set your bag down before investigating the refresher. The light is bright as you step inside, making you squint. You find the light switch and frown- it's circular. Carefully, you turn it to discover it dims the light, making it more pleasant on the eyes.