Alistair almost closed the door but as soon as she saw Annabelle coming towards the door it was too late.

"Stop!" She firmly commanded the guards.

"What is happening here?" She asked Alistair.

"He wanted to see you but he didn't have any evidence that proved that you made an appointment with him." Alistair used his planned excuse to pretend that his oblivious to the Annabelle's and James' past relationship.

Annabelle frowned at the situation.

"Let me talk to him." She calmly asked Alistair. Alistair had no choice but to bitterly let Annabelle talk with James.

Annabelle turned to James who was relieved to see her. She asked James to follow her to the other end of the hallway.

"Why you came here?" Annabelle stopped in the hallway and asked him.

To be truthful, Annabelle was shocked how James' appearance changed his hair looked disheveled, and hasn't shaved yet. In Ravendale, it's considered very inappropriately not to take care of himself.

"I missed you." James uttered.

"James, I ended a relationship five years ago! I already have my own family." Annabelle explained to James but James looked distraught.

"I thought you might have missed me and well I couldn't live without you." James desperately explained to Annabelle.

"James, like I said. I moved on and already have the children oh my own." Annabelle said.

"And please, don't come here anymore." Then Annabelle walked away.

"I couldn't believe that I blindly fell in love with a selfish person." James said but Annabelle didn't stop she scoffed at the sentence and come back to the apartment.

Nevertheless, Annabelle was still curious about what had happened to James that led him to such state.

She grabbed the phone and walked to the bedroom confusing her secondary husbands.

She then texted Ashley her long-time friend the one she kept the contact with because Ashley at that time dated Preston and now they are married.

Speaking of Preston, his brother Elliot that was her childhood friend has been previously one of Cordelia's consorts, he didn't participate in a social circle so that is why Annabelle never saw him. I guess their meeting wasn't destined.

Luckily, Ashley saw the text and decided to call back and explain everything.

Apparently, James couldn't move on and he ended making a bad decision which jeopardized his career as a surgeon at the end.

Annabelle sighed. Annabelle felt guilty but she couldn't have prevented James' downfall because at that her life was moving forward with unexpected events.

She went to the kitchen and see that her husbands are unpacking the food that was delivered.

"Did Alexander or Nathaniel tell you to keep an eye on James?" She gently asked her husbands she took their silence as a yes and sighed.

Nevertheless, Alexander's and Nathaniel's intuition was right, but it's worrying that they were still worried about James. She would have to talk to them about it.

"Don't worry, I will talk to them." I assured them but Alistair and Abel weren't assured. They were afraid that they might receive more severe punishment next time.

Right now, they don't mind it since receiving punishment from the Prince Consorts is better than losing favor from the Queen.

Even so, they still enjoyed their lunch together trying new dishes and Annabelle teaching them how to eat with chopsticks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^-^!

This chapter is both sweet and spicy huhuhu.

In here I just wanted to show how the break up affected James and his reaction when he found out that Annabelle is the Queen of Ravendale.

Also sweet moments between Annabelle and her secondary husbands ^-^!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you later my aligators! <3