🌧️ | 𝙐𝙣𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙

first angst here so I really tried
I think this is fast paced?maybe??
Also idk how to write about Vera
So she might be really ooc I'm so sorry ;0;;
Modern highschool au

🛍️𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙖 𝙉𝙖𝙞𝙧✨

≫ ──── ≪ • ◦ ❈ ◦ • ≫ ──── ≪

You watch with longing eyes following the sharp movements of the brunette, heart filled with warmth even just by looking at her.

She was beautiful and smart, she was everything you've dreamed of, Vera Nair, One of the popular girls at your school. Although she isn't like those typical mean popular girls, She was sarcastic at times but she'd always lend a helping hand especially when it comes to fashion.

You couldn't count on how many times she's helped with your problems resulting in you falling for her in the first place. Her witty charms and flirtatious remarks only fuel the strong emotions you have for her.

Vera was everything. almost every guy or girl in your class wanted her, And if she wanted to she would've already been in a relationship with someone already.

Vera Nair could take anyone as her own lover.

Anyone but you.

why?

"[Y/n], you know how much I care about you, right? you've helped me the way I've helped you and that's why you'll always be my best friend."

You'll always be my best friend.

My best friend.

Best friend.

Friend.

God, how much that hurt. She even rejected you without her even knowing while all you could do was pretend to smile the pain away.

She had no idea how much she makes you feel like someone special.

Someone worth something.

But alas, she was also the same person to make you feel like shit.

"[Y/n]! over here come sit down with us!"

Disrupted from your thoughts you glance behind you to see Emma waving at you with a huge smile on her face and pointing at the empty sit. Not wanting to be rude you stood up grabbed your tray and slowly walked to the only empty space which unfortunately for you was next to Vera.

How damn lucky you are now you feel like your heart is about to jump out any second.

After setting your tray down on the table Vera immediately started asking you questions on why you wouldn't respond to her texts or calls.

"Sorry, I was busy with homework. You know how it is." you lied giving a small smile and of course Vera scoffed at that. "Fine fine ok. Anyways I and the girls were talking about going to [Random Name]'s Birthday Party tonight so we were wondering if you-"

"I'm not going to the party."

And by that simple reply, the girls around the table looked at you in confusion. Martha being the first to say something, "What?? But other than Fiona and Vera you were always so excited to go to parties."