🌫️ | 𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙧?

requested by: @sitdownfool
Hope this was ok^^;
shy!reader
Map in this one-shot is lakeside village btw

🤡Smiley face🃏

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

run

that's all that I was thinking about, running away. my breathing turning more ragged and desperate throwing down a pallet stunning Mary her expression showing clear annoyance as I run as fast as I can to the nearest exit.

I don't understand. everything was going fine in this 2v8 match. three others were sent back to the manor but even so, there was still a chance for us to get that win especially since Naib and Martha were kiting the hunters making us have time to decode.

that was until the last cipher popped Mary suddenly turned her attention towards me now here I am running and kiting for my life even when I can't kite I was still desperate for that win after losing countless times in past matches.

'One more hit and I'm down...please...I need that win'

I felt tears forming at the corner of my eyes hoping and praying that someone would take Mary's attention off of me or stun her where then I could have enough time to escape.

Suddenly Mary summoned a mirror making me turn the other direction away from the exit as she switched places with her mirror self.

hearing an eerie giggle I slightly glance behind me seeing Mary closer to me than ever her face looks exhausted like I am. "c'mon little lamb you can't keep running forever~ don't you just wanna-" she raise her glass shard and I hastily dodge as soon as she swings her weapon "-give up!?"

'give up? that sounds nice knowing how tired I am'

' maybe I should..'

I was so lost in thought I didn't notice I slowed down my pace making Mary near enough to hit me realizing I close my eyes in fear and disappointed in myself for giving up easily. I stayed there waiting for the pain but all I could here is something or someone walking towards in a hurry then quiet muttering.

I stayed still cowering in fear until I heard a soft sigh(maybe coming from Mary) and footsteps fading away. slowly peeking one eye open I looked up a gasp when I saw the other hunter.

without thinking I let out a small cry shaking my expression terrified "please.." joker gaze down at me his eyes turning...soft? what??

crouching down to my form he hesitantly placed his hand on my back rubbing it soothingly trying to calm me down "I won't hurt you...I promise" his normally low and raspy voice was now.. soft and quite.

I calmed down a little but still felt anxious thinking he could be lying and would hit me. seeing that I did not reply he lift me to my feet being careful and gentle as if I was some porcelain doll that could break any moment.

"there now are you okay? did Mary hurt you that bad?" I was confused about how concern he was about me but due to my quiet shy nature, I only nodded a 'no' as an answer.

"Are you sure? you look.." he looked me up and down causing my cheeks to flush slightly "-hurt really badly and you're limping a bit though it makes me impressed that you could still kite in that state"