I threw all the letters, trinkets and charms into a box and hid it under a loose floorboard under my bed. After that, I just lay in bed and cried. 

"Sis, are you okay?" Percy knocked on my door. "No! Go away!" I shouted through the closed door.

"Come on. Just talk to me, pleeeeease?" he whined like a puppy. 

"Fine" I let Percy in, and he was kind enough to invite Frank. He even brought us dinner and left us alone when we wanted to talk in private. The next day, I went to school, completely refreshed, and somehow managed to avoid Malcolm most of the day. 

I did catch him giving me longing glances the entire day though. At the end of the day, I decided to stay back at the library to study while the others went home. I lost track of time, and I soon realized it was already dinner time. 

Luckily, I had called mom earlier and told her not to wait up for me. However, when I was walking through the halls and to my locker, Malcolm grabbed my arm to stop me and opened his locker. 

"Let go of me! Pace!" I screamed as I kicked and struggled. "Please, hear me out," he sounded desperate. He opened his locker and wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to his chest. He pulled a book, and somehow we were in his room. 

My jaw dropped. Just as I was about to ask how that was possible, Malcolm, as if reading my mind, answered, "I asked someone from the Hecate cabin to help me." He took my hands on his, looking me in the eyes. 

"Look. I know I don't have the best reputation, but you're different. I've never felt this way for anyone else. I-I think I love you. It kills me to see you avoiding me. I really was sincere. Please just give me this one chance, " his voice was cracking, his stormy eyes boring into mine. 

Part of me wanted to believe him, but the other part of me wondered if this was another lie he told other girls? I looked down and he gave out a defeated sigh.

"I can prove it," he looked up at me through his lashed, his voice raw. And, as much as I hated it, his baby owl eyes were getting hard to resist.He lead me to a cupboard beside his bed and pulled out the middle drawer, sitting me down so that my back was against the bed and he sat down, facing me. He pulled out the middle drawer and took out a stack of papers. 

"These are some drawings and drafts of the poems I wrote to you. Everything had to be perfect for you," I looked through the papers and surely enough, I recognized some of the lyrics and the beautiful drawings. Each of them were dated, and the drawing with today's date on it had tears stains on it. My heart melted. He seemed so genuine. 

"This is the charm I got you, for your bracelet," a few weeks ago, he had given me an empty charm bracelet. Every week after that, he would slip me a charm. It was always something meaningful. 

On my bracelet, there was a trident charm, and owl charm and a charm in the shape of a heart. I looked down at the charm in my hand, the words I love you written in cursive handwriting. I started to tear up. Malcolm's lips twisted into a frown. 

"What's wrong? Please don't cry. I hate to see you cry. I really was sincere in my actions. I do love you. But if you want to leave, there's nothing stopping you," defeat, sorrow, and regret crept into his pale grey eyes. His tone turned defeated and he choked up. I sniffles and wiped my eyes. 

I moved to sit in his lap and wrapped my arms around him. He buried his face in my hair and I felt him smile as I confessed, "Okay, I trust you. I love you too." 

 Sooo..... You'll give me a chance?" he asked hopefully. He let out a sigh of relief when I nodded. He pulled back and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and wove my fingers through his silky blonde curls as he tilted his head to the side. We pulled away, both smiling like idiots. I pecked his lips as i stood up. 

"I need to go." 

"Okay. Can you come over tomorrow?" Malcolm beamed as I nodded. He held my hand and grabbed a book on his shelf. Suddenly, we were in the living room and long story short, it caused a lot of screaming. 

Frank turning into a spider and chasing Malcolm, Percy breaking the water pipe (which I fixed), and Percy also proceeding to try and drown Mal in the tub until I managed to calm everyone and explain to them what has happened.   

After checking multiple times that Malcolm had not done anything to me and wasn't forcing me into anything, Percy, Frank, Mom (Sally), and Paul agreed to let Mal go home.  

It was a long night. Somehow, I managed to persuade them to let me go over (somehow I managed to persuade Mom. Paul just stood there awkwardly the entire time.) I knocked the door and heard thundering footsteps on the other side, plus a lot of bickering. 

Mal finally opened the door, a little boy peeking out from behind his leg. I crouched down to the little boy's level and asked, "Hello. What's your name?" 

"Nice to see you too, mermaid," Mal grumbled. I looked up at him and smiled. 

"I'm Roger, Malcolm's half brother," the little boy said. "My step-mom dragged my older half brother with her to bring her shopping with my little half sister," Malcolm explained. I noded in understanding. 

"Well it was nice to meet you, Roger." I stood up and wrapped my arms around Malcolm's neck, pecking his lips as he smiled. "Eww," Roger said, disgusted. "Oh, Roger, this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)," Malcolm explained, when Roger asked who I was, both our cheeks bright red. 

"Oh, okay," the 6 year old said before running up to his room, giggling . "I told him to play in his room so we could have some alone time. I wanted to watch a movie with you," Malcolm chuckled at my confused expression. I had decided to joke around with Malcolm. 

"Malcolm, you said that you would do anything to prove your love to me, right?" I batted my eyelashes innocently. "Yes....." Malcolm trailed off, looking at me cautiously. 

And that's how I ended up in bed cuddling a son of Athena, who was holding a tiny spider. I kissed Malcolm on the cheek. He deserved it.

"Okay, you can let it out the window now," I told him, and he scrambled to the window to throw the spider out. He pecked my lips, somehow still smiling softly. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

And with that, we settled into bed and continued watching the movie in peace. 

Until, that is, Annabeth walked in on us.

lol sorry I really needed that Annabeth line in my life. 

Sorry I haven't been posting my oneshots. I will eventually.

If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments.