Chapter 7

2 weeks later

(Y/N) hasn't left her apartment in days. Leon would occasionally come over to help her out with research and whatever she needed help with around the house. She's been paying so much attention to researching Wesker and she's surprised about how much she found out that she didn't already know about her father. Of course, she knew that her father made viruses and spread them throughout towns but she didn't know that he had an accomplice helping him out. So over the weeks, she has been trying to figure out who his accomplice could be.

(Y/N) knew it couldn't have been Ada because she was sneaking information to her. And Ada knows the consequences she'll pay if Wesker ever found out about it. So that takes one person off of the list of God knows how many. And it can't be Mr. Brikins because he died via the T-virus. Same with half of Umbrella back during the Racoon City incident.

No matter how hard at work (Y/N) is Leon is waiting for her and trying anything to help her feel better since the funeral. He walked in the door one day unannounced and got attacked by her dog. So he started calling or at least knocking before he came inside. And when he did come over he always brought (Y/N) some food or coffee knowing however hard he tries he will never get her to stop working even if it's for her to get some sleep.

Until one day he brought some very crucial information that changed every plan (Y/N) has ever made while she did her research.

"Hey, Bappo," Leon said petting the golden retriever at the door. "Where's (Y/N), huh?"

"Leon, you're here earlier than normal," (Y/N) stated leaning back in her chair. "Is something wrong?"

"No nothing's wrong," he told with a slight chuckle. "But I do have some good news on who our mystery person could be."

Her eyes widened with excitement and worry. "Who is it?" she asked him in shock.

"Well, she is Wesker's wife, Evelyn. Who is also a clone of Claire Redfield."

The second (Y/N) heard that name her eyes widened. And of course, Leon noticed. Leon soon became confused by her reaction but decided against himself to say anything about it. He waited until she said anything but instead, she stood up and walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" He asked somewhat concerned for her. When he didn't hear a reply he chose to go see what was going on with (Y/N). As Leon got closer to her bedroom door he heard quite sniffling. So what Leon decided to do was to walk away thinking 'What the hell is going on with her?' But next thing he knows he is turning back around and towards the door without even thinking about it.

"Hey what's going on?" Leon asks while politely knocking on (Y/N)'s door before slowly entering the girls' room. As he saw her sitting on the edge of her bed crying he couldn't help but feel a little guilty and heartbroken at the sight. Leon slowly sat down next to (Y/N).

"She's my mother," she mumbled to herself.

Leon gave (Y/N) a look saying something along the lines of 'what the hell'

"What do you mean she's your mother?" he said trying not to sound too harsh but it still came out in a slightly harsh tone that she could figure out that he was pissed off at least a little bit.

"Evelyn Weasker was my mother before she became Weaskers wife." (Y/N) lied trying to make Leon less suspicious.

"But he made her so she couldn't be your mother!" he shouted standing up. Leon soon started pacing the floor in front of her mumbling to himself not seeing a way that it could be possible that (Y/N)'s mother is Evelyn.

"Leon," (Y/N) called out to him trying to get him to calm down. "Leon!"

"You're Wesker's daughter aren't you?" Leon asked fuming with anger. (Y/N) just sat there in silence looking down shamefully. "Holy shit, you are." he glared down at her sitting form.

"If I told you that when we first met would you help me?" she asked with fear in her voice. "Because I wouldn't help me. Hell, I wouldn't even trust me!"

Leon looked at her not believing what he's hearing. Thinking how stupid he was for trusting her so easily and developing a small crush on her. Thinking why he even cared so easily for a girl who's father killed hundreds of innocent people.

"Who else knows about this secret?" he asks feeling a little curious.

"Crillah, Alex, and Rebecca. And well now you," she told shaking slightly. "If I told you when we met I know you would've killed me in seconds. What did you expect me to do about, Leon!"

Leon sat down in a chair at her desk placing his head in his hands. He was debating whether he should leave and tell Chris or stay and help her take down her own father then get out of her life for good. He stood back up after his little debate and walked out of her room and towards the front door. Leon placed his hand on the doorknob hesitating looking back to the room he just exited. He thought to himself that if he were to leave (Y/N) would find Wesker and get herself killed by him but if he stayed he would help her but then he'd have to leave her. He opened the door leaving and got into his car starting it. He looked back at her apartment sighing. Leon then looked to his left out the window seeing the sunset with pink and yellow hues. Smiling slightly thinking of (Y/N). He turned off the car and got out walking through the door straight back towards her room.

"I'll help you." 

Word Count: 1008