33 🧬

The drive to the harbor was quiet. Not only because it was early in the morning, but Alice didn't come back to the apartment and apparently gave a handwritten letter to the building's secretary, saying she was going back home due to family problems. Although she would be just as sleepy as the four of us are, Alice would still try to make conversations.

Jennifer was rather saddened and annoyed with the news, but sleep didn't let her go all out. Even with no information other than it was a family problem, I convinced Jennifer to relax and lighten up by saying it wasn't in Alice's control when things like that happen. With much reluctance, she agreed and fell back to sleep as soon as the car got moving.

By the time she woke up again, we were on the yacht. It was around one hundred meters long, five suites and two more bedrooms, one master bedroom, eleven bathrooms, two living rooms, a bar, a cinema room, a game room, a large deck, and a pool at the bow. I've only traveled a handful of times on the yacht, as my parents weren't always with a free schedule.

I led each one into their separate room, Daniel, Alex, and Jennifer to the suites, while I took the master bedroom

I led each one into their separate room, Daniel, Alex, and Jennifer to the suites, while I took the master bedroom. The bedroom was located on the second floor, under the captain's cabin, with a whole view of the boat's bow. It was a semicircle bed with four pillars around it with a thin, satin curtain. And along with the headboard, they were detailed with golden leaves. The whole bedroom had a white and gold color palette, giving it elegance and charm. My dad chose it because of my mom; she likes the two colors together.

The once sleepy girl was now everywhere. Jennifer had a surge of energy and was now running up and down the deck, taking pictures, videos, and touching everything she could. Alex, Daniel, and I sat at the bar area – not drinking anything – whilst watching her come and go every couple of minutes.

"I think she did more exercise in one hour than her entire life," Alex joked as Jennifer went past us panting but determined to explore every inch of the place. "When will the boat start moving?" Before I could respond, the roar of the massive engines came to life, and just a few seconds later, we were on the move.

"I wish everyone in the friend group was here for tomorrow, including Alice and Jordan," I sigh sadly. It didn't matter if Jordan had been unnecessarily mean to me that other day. And I wished whatever happened to Alice was okay, even if she did a terrible thing to Daniel.

"Oh, yes, tomorrow we will celebrate your birthday!" Jennifer came barreling down from the living room with a big smile on her face. "If only you had invited the whole school and more, we would have a bomb ass party. But I know how shy you are, but still, we will make this the best birthday party ever!" With that, she ran off again, screaming.

"If she were on drugs, I think she would behave the same," I commented, and the three of us laughed. When noon came, we were already in the open ocean. The lunch was delicious seafood, from cooked lobsters to sushi, there was it all. The four of us stuffed ourselves with the delicious food, then canceling our pool party so our stomachs could digest what we ate.

During the digestion time, the boys went to their rooms to sleep, Jennifer went to the gaming room, and I went to my bedroom. Aside from the unpleasant feeling of my stuffed belly, I felt weird as Neo hasn't spoken to me yet, nor has he sent a text. The only thing that confirmed Neo was around was the boat moving as we were the only people on board, and the food made for us.

"Neo, please talk to me," I whined for the third time in five minutes. "Pleaseeee," No response. My eyes started to sting as I began to come up with various reasons he wasn't responding.

Did his communication systems fail? Is he ignoring him on purpose? Does he hate me? Did I do something wrong? Does he not want to be here, controlling the boat because I am here?

I went to sleep crying, waking up to something cold brushing my face. I tried to open my eyes, but they did just enough for me to see the sun setting and the inside of the room dark but blurry. I tried to move my arms and legs, but they didn't. For a second, I thought I was in a nightmare or was suffering from sleep paralysis. The latter was my chosen option as I saw a blurry figure move over me.

The cold touch was from them, their hand. Glowing green eyes looked down on me as their hand caressed my cheek. The orange light from the sunset hit their skin, and instead of turning opaque against human skin, it reflected like metal.

"Tomorrow, my darling," The cold hand left my cheek, and I fell into darkness again.

------------

Short chapter, I know. BUT! REJOICE! I've started the second chapter and plan to post it soon.

And this soon isn't relative. Maybe next week? 🤔

Cliffhanger, I'm the queen of cliffhangers. Any thoughts of what happened?

Make sure to follow me.

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.