Chapter 55: Pissed

Pie's POV:

"OMG! That's not fair!"

I said as I watch the ending of the movie that is really affecting me right now. The characters were so in-love but didn't end up together and sacrifice their love. Like what the hell? It sucks, right? What is the sense if they won't end up together. I mean, I totally get the storyline but... Ughhhh.. I hate this kind of movie.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Kim asked.

Her brows furrowed as she look at me. She came from her room. We we're watching together earlier after eating our lunch when she excused herself to answer some call. I had a feeling that it is a business call.

I insisted to pause the movie and just wait for her but she let me continue to watch it. Told me she might take some time. It's an important call, maybe. So I continued watching it alone.

"They didn't end up together. They broke up." I told her. Irritated and sad about it.

"No way?! That's sad" She said and sat beside me.

"Yeah.. and disappointing." I agreed.

She stared at me. 

"You can relate with them?" She asked. Teasing me with a smile.

"Huh?" I said but she just stared at me and laughed.

I rolled my eyes and hit her with a pillow when I finally get what she's trying to say. We can relate to the characters because that is exactly what happened to us. Well, yeah. Kinda. But it's akward to talk about it now or do we need to talk about it? I don't know but not today. I cleared my throat.

"Everything's okay?" I asked instead.

Trying to change the topic and asked about the call.

"Yeah, the call came from our store. There's a problem about the wine delivery. I had to call P'Odd to clarify things. I'm sorry about that." She answered and apologized.

"Wine delivery? You started selling your wine now?"

"Uhmmm.. sorta.. some client tried our wine. Some showed interest and ordered few cases. Still in baby steps but it's a good start." She answered.

"Wow! Congratulations! Don't worry. I know you're going to make it big. Goodluck!" I said. Can't hide my excitement for her.

"That's what I need. Luck! Lots of it! Thank you!" She just said.

"Okay. May you have all the luck! Anyway, uhmmm.. I think I have to go now."

"Now? Where?" She sounded disappointed.

"Home. I had to check my emails and do some stuff. I think, I am taking so much of your time already but I'd like to thank you. I had fun and that roasted chicken was so good. I love it! No joke." I said. Giving her a two thumbs up.

"Really? Huh?" She asked. Checking if I am telling the truth.

I nodded. I was surprised earlier when I got back after taking a shower. I thought I was the one who's going to cook because that's the original plan but she's already preparing the chicken and the vegies when I got back. I wanted to help but she won't let me. She told me that she want to do it alone. She can't concentrate when someone's watching her. So I let her. She cooked a whole roasted chicken with baby potatoes, grilled bacon wrapped asparagus and fresh corn from their farm. All of them are so good. I forgot about my diet.