Chapter Eight - Family Troubles

"You don't have to be ruled by fate. You can choose freedom." - Castiel

Selene played anxiously with her thumbs as she sat in the diner cubicle

Selene played anxiously with her thumbs as she sat in the diner cubicle. Her eyes were flickering nervously between the Winchester brothers sat opposite her, and Henry their supposed time-travelling grandfather who had placed himself next to her.

"How you doing?" Sam began, breaking the awkward silence. Henry looked up from the old photograph he had been staring at to meet his grandson's gaze.

"I'll be fine." The blue suited man smiled, unconvincingly. "After all, despite everything, I've just met my grandsons, haven't I? Henry Winchester." He held out his hand for Sam to shake. "It's a pleasure."

The hunter took his grandfathers hand, flashing him a quick smile.

"Sam." He introduced himself. Henry nodded politely.

"Hello Sam." Henry turned to Dean to do the same, but the hunter ignored his handshake, placing a tray of food in front of Henry and waving him away.

"Dinner." The elder brother spat out rudely. Selenes eyes widened, repulsed at his actions.

"Dean!" The brunette spat angrily at the hunter, her mind on the man in the blue suit. Dean looked over at her with distaste.

"What?" He grumbled, his bright green eyes staring into her soul. Selene met his harsh gaze with a frighteningly calm one.

"Be polite." The brunette commanded simply. Dean rolled his eyes, leaning back in his seat as if the recent confrontation had not occurred. Sam stared at the two in disbelief.

"This is Dean." Sam introduced his brother, letting out an uncomfortable cough. Henry's smile fell.

"Right." The man commented, Dean's first impression having not been the most inviting. The four of them sat in an awkward silence, no one wanting to make the next move. The elder hunter rubbed his eyes, tiredly.

"Well, this has been touching." Dean commented sarcastically. "How about we figure out how to clean up your mess, huh?" Henry blinked, suddenly remembering why he was here.

"Abaddon. Yes. She must be stopped." The man's face turned serious as he began to discuss the demon with the two hunters.

Selene began to zone out of the conversation, her attention drifting elsewhere. The brunettes absent gaze fell onto a figure standing outside the diner, who seemed to be staring right back at her.