Chapter One - The Girl

"We make our own future." - Dean

"You can't be serious?!" Bobby Singer exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air at his surrogates son's plan

"You can't be serious?!" Bobby Singer exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air at his surrogates son's plan. "You're really gonna let your brother say yes to Satan and jump right into that hole?" Dean flinched at his tone as the elder hunter threw a pile of books from the table onto the floor.

"I don't have a choice Bobby," Dean sighed, exhausted. "I made a promise to Death it's the only way." Bobby rolled his eyes as he glared at the hunter.

"Bull crap it's the only way, I thought you were on my side of this." Bobby sat on the old fraying couch, rubbing a tired hand over his eyes. "So what? You just fetch this Selene girl and then what?" The hunter questioned, meeting Dean's gaze. "You gonna drop her off here?" Dean sat next to his surrogate father.

"I dunno." He sighed, his bright green eyes tracing the cracks in the wooden floor. "I'm not sure about anything anymore Bobby. I was so certain we could find a way to end this where we both walked out okay, but we never get that lucky huh?" Bobby chuckled lightly as he handed Dean a beer from the table next to him, taking a swig of his own.

"You can say that again."

Both hunters looked up at the sound of the front door closing. Sam walked in, running a hand through his long hair, stopping as he saw the solemn expressions of the men before him.

"What's wrong?" The younger winchester asked, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. "What's happened?" Dean sighed as Bobby rolled his eyes once more.

"Your big bro over here has decided to go all in on your suicide mission." Bobby stated, standing up with a huff and leaving the two brothers to talk in his living room. Sam tilted his head in concern at his older brother.

"Is it true?" He asked, watching as Dean took another sip of his beer. "You're gonna let me do it?" The elder Winchester rubbed his fingers against his temple, attempting to thwart the oncoming migraine.

"Yeah." Dean grumbled, looking up to meet his brothers puppy dog eyes. "Death said that was one of the conditions of me getting his ring." Sam went to pick up his own beer when he paused, thinking over Dean's words.

"One? One of his conditions?" The younger Winchester looked at his brother in worry, fearing the worst. "What did you agree to Dean?" The older hunter stood up to face his brother, failing to look him in the eye. Instead he reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of white paper, placing it in Sam's hand without another word.

"His other condition." Dean answered, taking a large swing of his beer. "We have to save this chick called 'Selene' or whatever. Apparently she's the devils ticket to Death." The hunter raised his eyebrows to display his complete confusion at the situation as well. Sam traced the numbers with his thumb in thought.