Chapter 6

As always, thanks for all the follows, favorites, and reviews. I'm glad to see how much everyone enjoys the story so far.

"Katara, what's going on here?" he asked her, but Katara could barely utter a word. She turned to see him walking up from behind her. From what she could tell from his facial expression, he was concerned.

'Did he see everything? Did he hear anything I said? Have to play this smart.'

"Oh Aang!" Katara ran to him and wrapped her arms around him. She rested her head on the crook of his neck before speaking.

"I was so scared! Meng kidnapped me so she could kill me." She faked a sob, "Meng wanted to kill me just for loving you Aang. She's crazy!"

Aang held her from her shoulders and pushed her back to get a good look at her face. He saw a bruise on Katara's cheek, and her left eye was almost black. A small smudge of blood was on her face.

"Are you okay? She didn't hurt you too bad did she?" he wiped the blood off her face with his hands.

"She only got a couple of lucky hits on me when we were fighting. But I'm okay now." Katara replied, hoping that she didn't look as terrible as she felt. For a small girl, Meng could pack a punch.

"You weren't responding to my texts or calls so I went to your house and no one was home. I was so worried" Aang explained as he pulled her in for a tight embrace. In his arms, Katara felt like she was in heaven.

"I'm glad you're here Aang", she was but Katara also wondered how he knew to come here. She still had no idea where she was. "How did you know where to find me?"

Before he could answer, a raspy voice called out to him, "A-a-anng...you need to get away from her. Sheee...isn't who y-y-you think she is..."

Aang and Katara pulled away from each other and turned to see Meng looking up to him. Her face a bloody mess.

'OH COME ON!! How the fuck is she still alive?!', Katara thought to herself. She instantly regretted not checking for a pulse when she had the chance.

"K-katara killed O-o-on Ji." Meng stated, it took her all she had to talk. What she said shocked Aang but he didn't believe it.

"You're lying Meng. Katara isn't a killer" he retorted. Meng expected him to be in denial of it though.

"C-check my phone...I have video proof of her taking On Ji and bring her to the H-h-h-harmony Hote-e-l. You can hear On Ji screaming...Please just look." She begged him.

"Don't listen to her Aang! Meng is a psycho; she's just lying to you. She'll say anything" Katara exclaimed. 'I can't let him see the video'

"I-I'm telling...the truth!" Meng persisted, "my p-p-p-honeee...in my bag"

Aang looked towards where the bag was and started to walk towards it until he felt his arm being pulled back. Katara looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Katara? Wha—"

"Aang let's just go. Meng just wants to break us apart! She'll say anything to get you to listen to her."

He looked at her and for a second Katara thought he was going to listen to her until he pulled his arm away and walked to the bag. He quickly spotted both phones, one he recognized as Katara's, and another that wasn't familiar to him. He picked it up, tapped on the screen and saw the locked screensaver. It was a picture of him from one of his Instagram posts. As much as he wanted to make a comment about him being her screensaver, the situation wasn't appropriate.