Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

~An Hour Later~

Nico climbs up the stairs and his clothes have morphed into the same ones I was wearing when I came out. Ezekeiel and I flank him and turn into wolves. He stares at us and we wait for him.

"Am I supposed to turn into one?" Nico looks at us.

"Yes." I answer.

"Every Guardian of the Moon can do it." Ezekeiel says.

"Okay...How do I do it?" Nico looks back and forth between us.

"Think about it." Ezkeiel replies.

"Same thing if you want to turn back." I add.

"Ow!" He jumps and I look at him.

"Oh. Your tattoos came in." I chuckle like a wolf and grin at him.

"What?" Nico asks.

"Your shoulder, your heart, and your back. Do you want to see them?" Artemis asks after snickering with Selene.

"Yes." Nico turns to her. She summons that mirror and whispers into it.

Nico's heart isn't a white full moon like mine. It's a half moon that is a deep silver color. The mirror changes and his shoulder appears. It has a replica of the Helm of Darkness in black on it. Then his back appears and it is darker than mine. In the center, a huge white full moon has a violet skeleton in it and it holds a black sword. I see a forest green version of Bianca in a hunter's uniform standing next to it. A card with Hades on it is in a fiery orange and a red skull lies beneath it. The Hades figurine that Bianca had me give him is held in one of Bianca's hands in a rich sanguine.

Nico has tears in his eyes from seeing Bianca. So do Artemis and I. I shift back and he looks at me. "I think the Hades figurine is your personal symbol." I say quietly.

"Whats wrong with you three?" Selene asks and Ezekeiel nudges my leg.

"That girl on his back is his late sister, she was a hunter of Artemis for a short time before she died, sacrificing herself so a quest could continue." I whisper and Selene nods, understanding crossing her and Ezekeiel's features.

I turn back into a wolf and stand by Artemis's side. Ezekeiel looks at me questioningly and then he walks up to Nico. "Come young one. You can comeplete the rest of the ritual quickly if we go now." He tells Nico, who just nods and turns into a royal blue wolf, his tattoos do not show though.

Nico yelps. "Why is my fur blue?!"

"Why is my fur gold?" I retort and walk over to him.

"You can't really tell because I'm not all the way solidified, but my fur is supposed to be silver." Ezekeiel chimes in.

"How come your fur has pictures on it?" NIco asks me.

"Those are my tattoos. The black wolf is this wolf with all the symbols on it when I'm human. It used to be my fur color, but since I became a Guardian officially it turned to this." I answer.

"Are my tattoos on me?" Nico asks and turns around in a circle.

The four of us laugh at him and I answer, "No. Neither do Ezekeiel's. I'm just different from most. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to run with you or wait for you with Lady Selene and Artemis." I look at the goddess and Titaness.

"We aren't for sure either." Artemis looks to Selene.

"It does raise a curious question." Selene muses.

"I think you are to wait at the end with Lady Artemis and Selene." Ezekeiel says after thinking for a little while.

"But won't he need my help like I needed yours when we created it?" I ask and look up at our new constellation.