Chapter Thirty Three

Sorry it took so long. Here you go, my lovely readers!

Chapter Thirty Three: Making It Back

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

I flash us clear into the throne room. Nico is thrown into the throne room doors and I get blasted through two columns before I hit into the wall behind Zeus's throne. I pick myself out of the huge hole in the wall and run over to Nico. He punches my arm. "Dude!" He exclaims.

I pat his hand. "Corruption must have struck out at the last moment. I couldn't do anything other than throw your momentum at the floor, I got the worst. I'm vulnerable when I flash. Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." Nico grunts as he sits up.

I help him to his feet and heal the injuries he sustained from everything so far and then I heal mine. "Great." I start to fall backwards. 

Nico catches me and keeps me up. I retch up blood and cover my mouth. "I'm fine, what about you?" Nico asks.

"Percy?" Artemis asks.

I look over my shoulder and smile at her weakly. "It's fine, Artemis. I'll be fine. It's a reaction."

Nico gives me this look and I throw up blood again, making a puddle on the floor. Artemis comes over and Nico keeps her away for me. "What's wrong?" Nico looks at me seriously.

"The nightmare, I guess it did have affects on my real body. I just ignored them. I was zeroed in on the task at hand that I didn't realize it actually was affecting me. I'm missing half of most of my internal organs at the moment. I don't feel so hot." I tell him.

"You look paler than usual." Nico agrees. 

"Ha ha." I cough as I try to laugh.

He frowns and starts to lead me out of the throne room. A voice stops us, Zeus's voice. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"He needs to rest. He will not be awake much longer. Besides, I don't think he should even be on his feet now at all." Nico answers and keeps going.

"And the mission?" Athena asks curiously.

"A success." I reply.

"You don't have to worry as of right now. We will inform you later." Nico tells her.

"How long were you down there?" Artemis asks.

"Oh, just a few days. To you, it was only a few hours." I grin over my shoulder at her.

Her eyes widen and then she scowls. "Why are you grinning?"

"I made it back. I'm completely fine." I tell her.

"You are so not fine." Nico says.

Artemis looks at me worriedly. "How?"

"Something I didn't expect and I wasn't prepared for. They never had it when I was down there. Pray they do not have it when they come." I say.

She looks frightened. "Per-" She starts.

"Later, Artemis." I cut her off. "I wil explain all later." I tell her.

 She looks offendd and I stop Nico. "Don't look at me like that." I try for a smile. "Everything is-" Nico turns me around and I start to hang off of him after more blood comes up.

I hear Artemis catch her breath. "Apollo, help him." Artemis whispers.

"No, no. I'll be fine. Nico can heal me once I lie down. I need sleep." I wave it off and nearly fall to the floor. I haven't felt so weak in a long while. The last time was when I healed one the the hunters from some immortal illness by taking it on myself. Great immune system, too bad half of mine is currently missing.