Chapter Fifteen

So, I noticed that you guys are still extremely awesome. I try to answer your comments and interact with you. Who here liked Danny Phantom as a kid? Guess who does. ME! I almost had a heart attack because someone scared me to death in a really heartbreaking way, but it was a misunderstanding. So now that that's settled, I'm all hyper happy and I decided to work on this chapter. You don't know who I'm talking about, but they are a really good person. Hehehe, who was waiting for this like I was? I've been mulling over by looking at your guys's comments. I reread the last chapter to make sure I was starting off on the right foot. So, here it is, my lovely readers!

Chapter Fifteen: In the Realm of the Moon.

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

The Realm of the Moon was beautiful. Moonlace grows everywhere. Wolves run about happily and play with each other. They all died and came to their patron's realm. All the constellations in the night sky appear and I notice that the Huntress is the brightest here.

We walk along a dirt path through the forest. The wolves stop to look at us and bow to Artemis then bound around me until they run off again, consumed in their games. I see a well up ahead with a columned cover over top of it. Two people stand in front of it, their images flickering. A man and a woman. Artemis walks up to them and I see stairs leading down into the well.

As we reach the two, the man speaks first. "This is the one you chose, Lady Artemis?"

"He reminds me of you Ezekeiel." The woman speaks next.

"If you say so, my lady." Ezekeiel answers and shrugs.

I suddenly get hit with the realization who these two are. Ezekeiel is the Guardian of Selene, the Moon Titaness. The woman is Selene. Artemis smiles at the two. I look between them and notice that they hold hands.

"Ezeikeiel, Lady Selene." Artemis nods her head.

"What is your name, boy." Ezekeiel asks me.

"Perseus." I reply. "Perseus Jackson." I have a feeling he wants my full name.

"Nice to meet you, Perseus. Enter the well." He removes his hand from Selene's and stands aside for me to get by. He holds his arm out, like he's showing me the way to the well.

I nod and Artemis releases my hand. I start to descend the staircase. I hear Selene's voice. "Concentrate on repairing any and all damage to your body and soul. Focus on your symbols and your tattoos. They will be your guide, young Guardian."

"Come back to me, Perseus. Remember who you are." Artemis whispers.

I feel and hear the hollow padding of my bare feet against my stone surroundings. It's pitch black, but I can sense where I am going. I don' tput my hand against the wall. Soon enough, I hear my footsteps echo against water as I near it, I realize it isn't water, or I would have felt the body of water. It doesn't seem foreboding. Then what was Artemis trying to tell me?

What is this? I thought I had to bathe in moonlight, not this...whatever this is. I put one foot in and it comes to life. A tingling feeling makes its way through my veins and I wade into the substance. I realize it is moonlight, but it needs cleansed, just like I do. I have to help it heal and it must do the same in return. As my head goes under, I am engulfed in a mixture of silver, white, and black.

Point of view: Artemis

I watch as Percy disappears. When I lose sight of him, Ezekeiel puts his hand on my shoulder. "You picked one of pure heart. He didn't even hesitate, he just went for it. Unlike me."

"You know as well as I do that you grew up knowing what was going to happen when you went down there. He doesn't. He'll find out soon enough." Selene sighs sadly.

"Even if he did know, he would've gone anyway. The stubborn fool. I'm glad I picked him." I tell them.

"Indeed." Selene agrees.

"I believe he will survive." Ezekeiel says seriously.

"Thanks, Ezekeiel. You still won't tell me what happens down there?" I ask.

"No, only your Guardian can tell you. Like I told Selene, so will he. If he comes back. When he comes back." Ezeikeiel tells me.

I sigh. "I'm just worried."

"I was when Ezekeiel went down there too." Selene says.

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

The light possesses my soul. I wage war with the black darkness of the shadows. The white and Silver lights help me. My tattoos seem to glow. The chains glow brighter every time I manage to push back the repelling blackness. The trident combines with the white as the moon combines with the silver and pulse as I start to win. My back is on fire, but I ignore it and keep advancing against the opposing force.

Selene said to let my marks guide me and so far it's working. I see my life flash before my eyes as I cleanse the moonlight of the dark. Whenever I touch the dark, I see my pain and the pain of the moon in the night. The wolves and forests dying and being polluted. My childhood. The packs of wolves running to hunt soomething. My arrival at camp. The stars being formed around the moon in all its beauty. My quests. The black pushes back as I look at my quests and the moonlight is fading. I concentrate again and push back harder. The moonlight brightens and I see the forming of the world as the moon takes it all in. The wars. The deaths of my friends. I seek a pathway through the pitch black force. I see humans praise the moon and honor it. First with Lady Selene, then with Lady Artemis. I see as Selene passes on her duty to Artemis, how happy Selene was to be relieved from her duties and how seriously Artemis takes her role as Moon goddess. My betrayal. My time in Tartarus. The Hunt being formed after Artemis was born. My days with the Hunt. I see the last of the black goes out and an explosion of light knocks me further into the well.

I sink down until I see my tattoos glow unbelieveably bright. I have to look away, but I can't. I watch as a shadow comes out of my body. It phases from me and looks at me. A mirror image of me, just made out of gray and black and it has my dull, broken, sea green eyes.

My copy holds out its hand and I grasp it. Its legs start to shift into moonlight and it grins at me. Its eyes light up and it says two words before it fades into the light. "Thank you." It closes its eyes and falls back into the light of the moon.

I look at my hand and in it is a pendant with a black chain laced through it. The pendant is filled with a white light. I hold it up to my face and after i study it, I put it around my neck. I look down to find I am wearing clothes again. A white longsleeve shirt wraps around my upper body and silver pants cover my legs. I look up and see that the moonlight is leading me back up the stairwell.

Point of view: Artemis

The realm starts shaking and the three of us look at the well in time to see a blast of moonlight shoot from the opening in the well.

"He did it." Ezekeiel grins.

"We've got a powerful one on our hands." Selene giggles.

"Thank Zeus." I breathe.

The explosion dissipates and a stream of light is coming out of the well and moving through the woods. I folow the light back to the well and see Percy step out.

I gasp.

Looks like you'll have to wait to find out why Artemis is shocked. Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Enjoy the extra update, I got bored to death. This is for you, my lovely readers!