Chapter Forty Four

Right. Sorry about not updating you guys. I will make it up to you, do not worry. Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Here you go, my lovely readers!

Chapter Forty Four: First Hunt Of The Guardians

Point of View: Perseus Jackson

We now camp next to an entrance that Delilah found, Delilah pacing anxiously. I watch her in amusement. "Will you calm down, sister?" I laugh at her way in receiving the news of what I want to do.

Delilah comes over and sits down by the fire next to me. "Bringing so many under your control though..." She shakes her head. "That will be extremely tiring during the battle. Especially if Corruption decides to flat out challenge your powers. To keep so many safe like that, it's dangerous. I am not going to lie that it is a good plan, but it is dangerous. Not reckless really, just very concerning for those who love you."

I nod in understanding, thinking of what to tell her to ease her mind. "The council agreed that it might be one of the wisest decisions. The more powerful we are, the weaker they become. We can take away so many allies they rely upon. We could crush them from the inside out."

Delilah nods in acceptance and then frowns. "How long will this search take? Don't you want to see your kids grow up?"

I grin. "Do not worry. I will see them plenty. Once we begin, I will be with them while you all sleep. I can keep an eye on the camp while spending time with my children."

"Just as long as you see them, is all that matters." Piper tells me.

"You don't want them growing up thinking you don't love them. Kids are like that you know." Jason sighs.

"I am well aware. I do not want that to happen." I say. 'Not after what happened to Luke the first time.'

"Have we found any other entrances?" Reyna asks.

"As far as I am aware, no, we have not. Nico and I closed one, but this is the second one. And they are very hard to find, especially if there are barriers around them. They most likely know that we are actively seeking them out now. Nico's Companion, Darrius, I haven't heard from him yet." I respond first.

"Well, then, what are we waiting for?" Raphael asks.

"Nothing really. I just needed to inform Delilah of the news before she went off again." I shrug.

They pack up camp after eating and head for the barrier. I bring it down and Jason and the others manage to capture Atlas. I come forward and I bind Atlas to myself, branding him as well.

I smile warmly and crouch before Atlas, who waits patiently. Reyna and Piper let go of Atlas now that he is safe. "Hello, Atlas."

"Greetings, my lord." Atlas smiles hugely.

I let it slide this time. "Tell me, friend, who has taken your place under the sky?"

"Prometheus was forced to take the burden as to limit his troublemaking." Atlas answers without qualms.

I chuckle. "Who do you think should hold the sky?"

"I honestly do not know. But I do not miss it. You won't make me hold it again, will you?" Atlas looks at me with pleading eyes.

I smile and pat his shoulder. "No, I have need of you elsewhere. If you come up with any suggestions though, please inform me."

"Where do you need me?" Atlas jumps at the chance.

"First, I want to to go to Lady Athena, explain I sent you, then give her every scrap of information about this new war. Once she is done with you, I want you to meet me at Mt. Othrys." I tell him.