Chapter Three

Right, so, it's early morning of the next day hahahahahaha. Like not even one in the morning and I'm still going. Okay, so I lied, the entirety of the throne room scene wasn't portrayed in the last chapter. Hopefully this one. Like I said, I've got a lot of this written out on paper, so I just might update all of it. So, next chapter, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Three: On Olympus, In the throne room of the gods.

Point of view: Artemis

"Percy! I told you, you didn't have to swear off women." I tell him.

"I wouldn't have loved another anyway. I never will. It makes no difference to me." He answers.

"Percy, my boy, you will eventually love again." Poseidon says gently.

Percy whirls on his father and speaks in a bitter and cold tone, "Why do you care?"

Poseidon stutters and Hades speaks up, "Perseus?" Hades asks to get his nephew's attention.

"Yes, uncle? What do you wish of me?" Percy says and bows before the god of the dead.

"Why do you never wish to love in that way again?" Hades asks, and comes down to stand in front of Percy.

"Because of her." He states. Hades reaches out a hand and Percy snarls at it. "Don't touch me, please." Percy's voice cracks on his last word.

"Percy..." Poseidon lays a hand on Percy's back and he flinches.

"Get away from me. Not only do I hate you, I don't want to be near the sea." Percy says and gets out from his father's touch.

"Please, you must forgive me. Why do you fear the sea?" Poseidon asks gently, worried.

"My own domain." Percy's voice breaks. "He tortured me with my own domain. He made me even more scared of it than Gaea did. I will never forgive myself for that shame. I can't look at water the same way. Not after everything that transpired. I won't go near it. Not for anything." Percy says, now backed up against the throne room doors. "I don't want to forgive you, I don't want a father. Not after losing them both. Both times unwillingly, both times betrayed by one person or another. Both my fault. MY FAULT!" He slides down the door and sits on the floor.

Hera comes over to him and sits next to him. He just shakes his head at her whispered words, no one but them can hear.

"What happened to my son?" Poseidon looks at Hera.

"Disowned. Gone. Dead. Tortured. Murdered. Lost along with his soul The naïve fool isn't here anymore. The cold-hearted shell you see is the reborn 'kid' you have gained from that foolish boy." Percy tells him.

"I don't believe that." Hestia comes over to him and sits next to him on his other side.

"Lady Artemis...does being Hera's son make me your brother of sorts?" Percy looks at me, horrified by the prospect. It isn't mock horror either.

"Wipe that look off your face. Yes, it does mean that." I hiss at him.

He has the gall to snicker. "I'm not horrified of being your brother. It's Apollo I'm worried about. I honestly don't know how you stand his constant pranking, but I know you love him. I can...feel it for some reason." Percy muses, Hera just chuckles at his wondering face, but that look is still in his eyes.

"Hmm...it is because of my blessing, combined with your new position. It is only natural, but it disturbs me to feel your emotions. Roiling around inside you, all bottled up." I say.

"Oh my gods...Zeus is my father now. Someone kill me, no offense mom." Percy looks at Hera, who just chuckles at her new son.

Zeus doesn't look offended, he knows he is just trying to be funny and lighten the mood.