Chapter 9

Etta Pov

I take a deep breath when the train pulls off. I got away. I hope there aren't any more stops. I really need to get to Georgia by tomorrow, but I doubt it. It takes 36 hours by plane with four stops and layovers. So with a train it will almost be double the time. I'm hoping somewhere we stop has the train station really close to the airport so I can hop on a plane quickly then fly to Georgia. I'm trying to remember my grandmother's address in case I need to lose my phone. Speaking of phones, mine start to vibrate.

"What is it Caspian."

"We need to talk baby." I can barely hear him, there is so much wind in his background.

"Why should we talk Caspian, so you can tell me more lies. I was planning a future with you while you were planning my down fall. How could you." I wipe a tear. It's so painful because I love him so much. How could he do this?

"Etta baby listen. It started off like that at first, but I fell in love with you baby. Do you think I was supposed to have let you move in with me? I did that because I fell in love and wanted to start something with you."

I cry more at his words. I don't know what to believe. My self respect is so shattered that I want to forgive him and go back into his arms.

"I'm sorry Caspian I can't get over this. What you did was horrid. You must have gotten a really good kick out of beating the hell out of a black girl and making her fall for you. What was all that Caspian, I'm just so hurt, I'm sorry."

I hung up and turned my phone off. I sit my head back against the seat and fall asleep.

I'm awakened by the train being jolted. I don't want to get off, but I really need to stretch my legs. When I debark I stay close to the train door. Caspian gave me a look that says this is not over as he was being escorted off the train. I'm so afraid that I'm shaking and nervous and jumpy.

After the break the train attendant announces that the train will depart soon. I feel a hitch in the train and dig inside my bag for my boarding pass. As I walked in between the train connector I'm snatched through the train cars onto the other side where the fields and trees are.

"Don't fucking move or make a sound. I will kill everybody around this motherfucker, do you hear me bitch. Got me running behind a fucking train. You know I hate running. Now move that ass."

I feel his gun against my head. My heart thumps fast and becomes lodged in my throat. He turns and starts walking away from the station with his arms around me.

"Caspian, what are you doing? I need some time to think, please let me be."

"No. I missed you baby. There's a hotel around the block. I'm going to show you how much I missed you. You're so naive baby. You've been living with a maniac and didn't even know it. What I do to you is nothing compared to what I could've been doing to your ungrateful ass."

I hiccup as my sobs turn to wails. My shoulders are shaking. He's going to hurt me so bad.

"You almost ran me over in that alley. I should get some payback for that. You ran my crew off the road. Had us on a got damn high speed chase in the city," he said and punched me in the ear and the side of my face.

"Ahh!!," I cried out and tried to pull away, but he snatched me back to him fast. In the distances I hear the train speeding off. I cry harder. What will I do now? I have to get away from him. If I can just make it to my grandmother's house then maybe my family will protect me.

I see the hotel and get excited. But he snatched me to him and say, " wipe your fucking face off and keep you're head down. If he suspects anything I'm going to kill him. Then I'll kill you."