You makin' me a boy with luv

I'm back! Thank you for all the support, comments, and votes! This chapter was really fun to write, I hope you like it :)

__________________________________________________

Time seemed to... stop. Everyone stared at Lan Wangji and Jiang Wuxian, who were gazing at each other – one clearly very shocked and surprised, the other patiently looking back at the Lan heir. Silence overshadowed the people in the room as they tried to figure out what exactly was going on right now.

While Jiang Cheng couldn't hide his stunned expression, the rest of Ying's family looked rather pleased (although they were just as surprised as A-Cheng), Jiang Yanli sighed in delight and Wen Ning even grinned knowingly. Huaisang was the first one – again – who found his words, eyes nearly popping out of his head.

"Wait a minute! You KNOW each other? Lan Wangji, you know Wei Wuxian??"

"Wangji..." Lan Xichen looked at his younger brother with a concerned look, worried about Lan Zhan's unusual behavior.

Nie Huaisang's question was left unanswered as Wangji took a small step forward, just to stop and stare again. The smile on Wei Wuxian's face didn't show any of the uncertainty he was feeling inside. Wangji's reaction was the only thing he wasn't able to foresee and now that he was standing in front of his boyfriend, who was clearly more than overwhelmed, Wei Ying got nervous. But he couldn't let the others see. For now, he had to focus on his introduction to the other companies. He couldn't embarrass his family.

He took another deep breath and straightened his back, ready to show the good manners his mother had tried so hard to teach him. At the moment it was most important to make a good impression, so his parents wouldn't look bad in the face of all these very important business people. He might have shocked them at first with his open manner when he introduced himself, but he was also an autonomous public figure, who was proud of his work and everything he had accomplished by himself so far – and who had no intentions to stop!

Wei Wuxian showed his dignified smile, his business smile, and spoke to everyone around, "Some of you might, in fact, recognize me. I've been working as a model under the Jin modeling agency for several years now. Over time I have had the pleasure to work with several renowned companies all around the world, gaining the honor of being the brand ambassador for some of them in China. In the future, I want to consolidate this position I have in the fashion industry. At the same time, I will do everything within my power to work hard to support my family's company, be it as a brand ambassador or supportive shareholder at my brother's side. I am very pleased to finally make your acquaintance."

He bowed deeply in front of the people around the table; many of which were looking at him now with a more well-disposed expression than before. Lan Wangji slowly sat down on his chair again, his eyes followed Wuxian's every move while his gaze was blank and impossible to read.

"Well," Lan Qiren said and stood up. He was the eldest in the room, and with all the experience and knowledge he had gathered over the years he was seen as a well-respected wise man whose opinion and judgment were well regarded within the society of the four companies.

Wei Ying held his breath. It's now or never.

"It seems like we have a new member in our circles. I wish you the best of luck with your future accomplishments. But never forget your manners and never forget the place you came from. Don't lose yourself in the glamorous world others promise you and all the fame it might bring you."

Swallowing hard, Wei Wuxian couldn't completely hide a big smile as he bowed deeply towards Lan Qiren, feeling utterly relieved, "Thank you very much, Master Lan. I will keep your wise words close in my mind."