Oh Text me

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and upvotes!! Here we continue with Wei Ying's part and a little bit of background story~ Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

Even though Jiang Ying was just a young 16-year-old teenager back then and never left his house, he was not oblivious to what had been going on in the outside world. He was watching the news, and the internet showed him the rest.

The Wen Company caused trouble. Of course, at first, nobody knew that that company was behind all the incidents that were causing the biggest businesses in the country so much damage. It started slowly, with smaller problems in the software or the intranet. But after a while, customers and partners of the four biggest companies started reporting problems with their goods and services as well. Even after increasing the controls on everything, double-checking on every step on the services, and staying in contact with the workers 24/7, the reported errors kept stacking up.

A-Yanli and A-Cheng kept him updated about all the developments as well. Since they went to school with younger members of the other three big companies who were affected, Jiang Ying could also imagine what his siblings' classmates were faced with. Even though he had never met any of the other high-society kids he could share their pain. Especially his brother's close friend Nie Huaisang, who seemed to be easily affected by stressful situations, caused A-Cheng some heavy headaches with his many voice messages.

The Qinghe Nie Company was the first one to be affected. There was a massive leak of security-sensitive data in the internal corporation system; then the fitness equipment the company produced and distributed had to be called back due to malfunction and damaged goods. The workers couldn't find an explanation for all of these mistakes as well. Nie Mingjue had great difficulties maintaining the strength of his production line and was even close to shutting down his gym chain. Nie Huaisang was deeply worried about his brother during this time, people who followed the teenager and aspiring fashion guru on social media could basically read it on his face whenever he went online.

Wei Wuxian, who was also a follower of his, couldn't help but feel sad for the two brothers. They didn't have any closer family. After Nie Mingjue retired as a successful box champion he built his own fitness empire. Even though he seemed to be really strict and often unkind to people, he deeply cared for his brother, his company and employees. He was well respected in the business world and liked a fair competition, which made him a great business partner in general. Since Huaisang never showed much interest in the line of work his brother worked in, Nie Mingjue had long since accepted the fact that the boy would never take over his company. When Huaisang began working on his own idea for a conception of a business for traditional wear and accessories, his older brother was on hand with help and advice.

That made it even more painful for Nie Huaisang whenever he saw his brother struggling through the crisis of the company – the company Mingjue had established all by himself after their parents' death and had put blood, sweat, and tears in. He was helpless and couldn't do anything to aid his older brother during these hard times. Even Jiang Cheng couldn't help his friend, which Wuxian knew made his brother feel horrible.

Who could have known that the Nie's business was only the first of the big four competitors of the Wen Company that would suffer from their unfair practices and destructive secret arrangements...?

While the Qinghe Nie Company really began suffering from the data leakage and damaged gym equipment, the Lan's health empire had to face their first bigger issues. Around that time the just turned 17 Lan Xichen had taken over the position of heir and CEO of the medical institution and every branch of the huge and age-old Gusu Lan medical empire.