Claire James

This is for child-of-Nike

Hope you enjoy! Sorry if it's not what you were hoping for!

Claire POV-

I was in my dorm room, watering the flowers that I kept on the windowsill. The roommate, Annabeth was sitting reading her book. It wasn't in English, that's for sure. But the weird thing was, I could understand it. It was labeled 'Best Architecture in Greece'. (AN/ don't ask on the name... probably not a real book)

She was a big Architecture nerd, kind of obsessed. She told me that was what she wanted to go to college for. I personally wanted to work with plants and be a botanist. I've only ever told Annabeth that and she seemed to think it was cool.

Suddenly a phone rang. It was Annabeth's. (Monster proof courtesy of McSchnizzle) She looked up from her book and reached for it on her night stand. I tried not to focus on the conversation, but I heard a bit.

"Hi Seaweed Brain," she said smiling. I heard something muffled on the other end.

"You are?!"
...
"That's great!"
...
"Love you too! Bye!"
...
She hung up the phone smiling larger than I'd ever seen her smile.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"My boyfriend," She said with excitement. I'd never heard that she had a boyfriend. I pictured someone a little more nerdy than she was. Maybe glasses.

And hmm... he needed something to be obsessed with like Annabeth was with architecture...

How about fish.

Yes, nerdy with glasses, obsessed with fish...

Why did I have a feeling that wasn't entirely true?

——————TIME SKIP TO SCHOOL——————

"Hi Clara, Anniebelle," Nancy the school slut said. Annabeth judo-flipped her. I was not expecting that.

"Ugh! What do you think you're doing? This hairstyle cost me $500 and now it's ruined!" Nancy yelled.

"It was gonna be ruined tonight when you decided to bring an innocent boy to your house anyways, Nancy," Annabeth said with a disgusted tone. I laughed. Nancy's group of wannabes gasped, but I could tell they were trying not to laugh as well.

"You little-" Nancy lunged at Annabeth who easily sidestepped, making Nancy fall onto the ground. By now a large group of people had gathered around. And one of them was a very cute guy who I'd never seen before. Must be new. He wasn't staring at Nancy though, his eyes were completely on Annabeth. Oh no, I felt bad, Annabeth already had a boyfriend, and this new guy was gonna get his heart crushed.

Nancy and Annabeth continued their fight, finally the boy ran in the middle of it.

"You came to rescue me! My hero! Thanks babe!" Nancy squealed and hugged him.

"Definitely not Nancy," the mystery boy said. He pushed Nancy away. Annabeth glared at her and went to tackle her again. But before she could, the boy grabbed her waist to hold her back. She turned and glared at him. I suddenly feared for his life.

"Really Wisegirl, you're gonna glare at me," he joked. She smiled at him. Smiled. Annabeth would never go straight from trying to kill someone to smiling at them.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. He gladly kissed back. I was very confused. I thought she had a boyfriend. This was not him. He had black hair, green eyes that looked like the sea, and was very muscular. No glasses. The only detail of mine that was similar was the fish obsession. I could tell because he had a shirt with a fish on it that said 'fish are friends, not food'.