I wanted to cry, I wanted to tell her the truth, I wanted to tell her everything I was going through but I just stared at her with no emotion in my eyes. I had gotten good at doing this over the years because of my past but not even Blair could break me now.

I was already broken.

I turned, leaving her behind me as I walked into the familiar classroom for the last time. It was like I was walking to my own death because I could feel Megan’s glare hitting me like a million knives.

My luck had run out, and now Megan hated me because she thought I was still the same person I was when she met me. Knowing she hated me really managed to tear me into pieces, mostly because I had to witness her break right in front of me yesterday afternoon.

She had looked so broken…

But telling her the truth would do nothing for us, and I had begged her to give me till graduation but she had insisted on coming over. There were many thoughts I had to just tell Megan the truth but I realized no matter what I told her, even if she did so happen to believe me, what would we do? He still had the evidence, he still had the power to ruin Megan’s hopes and dreams to become a college professor, and he still had the power to put her in jail.

It wouldn’t matter if I was nineteen, and it wouldn’t matter if she had technically been my friend before any of this.

She was legally my teacher, and that held priority over any other fact they would have. We were completely defenseless against them if that guy turned us in.

I knew she was upset but the tension in the room was apparent, and suffering through not only our last class but maybe thirty minutes after would be torture. We had agreed on taking the final after the class lecture simply because it was more convenient, but circumstances had obviously changed for the worst and now I would have to suffer extra-long.

I drifted off into a daydream, wondering how I was going to cope with something like this happening to me. It had been almost one day since I had been forced to cut Megan out of my life and I already felt as if I was dying. I felt as if my heart was no longer inside my body but on the ground being trampled on by a million pairs of feet.

Even the distant voice of Megan couldn’t pull me out of my toxic thoughts, and maybe just maybe on my way home from school someone would hit me in their car, sending me into a coma or something. Or maybe they’ll just kill me and put me out of my own misery, yea that sounded better.

The image of Megan’s torn look that I had seen yesterday flashed in my mind, and the pain wrapped around me. When she had told me about the job offering it had broken me in half, and knowing she was going to take it really did the trick. I had stayed in my room all night and avoided Shawn because he believed I was sick, which was fine for me considering I had actually cried the entire night.

I didn’t want him to know.

I couldn’t even bring myself to look at her, mostly because I knew the look I would receive back if she even decided to return it. I wanted nothing more than to tell her, but telling her would put her in danger and I wasn’t risking that with her.