Chapter 7 ~ Nothing but a Towel

As I had expected, every single person in the room stared. Soon, the goggling spectators would melt a hole in my head if they didn't stop. Mrs Downey ceased talking, her tiny eyes focused on us; all of the teachers at the sides of the room were glaring at us like rabid dogs who hadn't eaten in days. I wasn't even paying attention to where I was going and as I looked around, Kellin had disappeared into the area in which all the boys were seated. Thanks Kellin, thanks very much!

Oh no, seriously where am I going? Just then I felt a tug at my skirt, Molly! She gestured with her hand, indicating the empty seat beside her. I quickly took it and Mrs Downey proceeded to talk; her voice shrill as ever. I was just about to keel over with the anxiety of it all. Her voice was the equivalent to running your nails down a chalk board. After half an hour of suffering we were dismissed. Luckily none of the teachers had said anything to either of us, even though Downey was still gawking at me on the way out.

Back at the dorm I threw myself onto the sofa. My body felt heavier, I could barely lift my head. The door clicked shut and Molly strode in.
"Three questions. Where were you? Why were you late? And why did you walk in with Kellin?"
So the interrogation commenced. I can't tell her about the kiss. Kellin could get in serious trouble if anyone found out. I can't let that happen. Even if it does mean a few white lies.
"I was out by the fountain, I noticed Kellin on the field. He was reading. I approached him and we were talking about unimportant stuff, just rambling really, we lost track of time and he got worried because we were late for assembly and I didn't even know about the assembly so he just showed me the way. He was really...helpful."
After a couple of minutes she replied. "Hmm okay."
And that was her response? Wait. She actually believed it! Phew... I grabbed my wash bag and headed for the shower room. It was empty when I got there. Just the way I liked it. Walking over to the mirror I gasped in shock. My lipstick! It was smudged, oh no! Nothing too bad to indicate what had happened but enough for Molly, she knew I was a perfectionist with my makeup... I'm not going to say anything, I thought as I wiped it off as quickly as I could. Removing the evidence was key.

An hour or so later I strode back down the hallway wearing nothing but a towel. No one would be up and about, it's about 12pm. Damn it! I think I've lost my way again, I really should carry a map...Next thing I knew I was being lifted and carried down the hallway.
"Kellin! What are you doing? We'll get caught!"

He proceeded to jog; my grip at the top of my towel was vice like. He put me down and opened the door of what looked to be a janitor's closet. Yes, a janitor's closet. It was dark but I could see various cleaning utensils: broom, mop, bucket, bottles of cleaning sprays and dust removers. He took my hand and pulled me in, locking the door behind me. The inside smelt of bleach and lemons. My heart pounded again. I'm starting to think this is all one huge, highly delusional dream. He wrapped his arms behind me and began to kiss my jaw line, moving his mouth closer and closer to my lips. He stopped just as he got to the corner of my lips and drew his face away. It felt like I was breathing through a straw. "Tease," I moaned. I took the initiative to grab his head and pull it straight to mine. Two can play at this game I thought, smiling to myself. I brushed my lips across his, every time he edged closer I would move my head back ever so slightly out of his reach.
"I'm going to have you against the wall in a minute if you keep doing that," he laughed in frustration. I continued with my actions of course, and true to his word he pushed me back against the wall pressing his hard body against mine for the second brilliant time today. He took my hands and pinned them above my head. I couldn't see his face, it was so dark. I could on feel his warm breath in the air. Leaning into me his lips rested on mine and began to kiss me, deeply. The kiss was intoxicating. He moved his arms from above my head and placed his hands on either side of my cheeks, holding my face into his.
"I wish I did this so much earlier." The knob of the door turned abruptly and he broke off the kiss panting. "Shit." He grabbed my hand.