Chapter 23: Accepted?

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Hey, that was quick--"

"HYUNG, HUENING PASSED!!!" he cheered, almost making me come deaf.

"HE DID!!???"

"YES!"

"What is it??" Soobin asked impatient by my reactions.

"Hueningkai passed too!!" I exclaimed.

"Yay!! Wonder who will be next to receive an email."

"Could be you." I said.

"Maybe."

"NO MAYBES! YOU WILL GET ACCEPTED, CHOI SOOBIN!"

"Woah, haha, alright. Better believe your word. Especially when you use my full name..." Soobin laughed awkwardly.

"There. Much better." I said proud as I left the room.

+×+

Some days later, Taehyun and Beomgyu received their emails too. We kept waiting for Soobin to receive his, but there was no email for a whole another week.

"I probably didn't get in." Soobin sighed sadly.

"No way! It can't be! We are five!" Kai exclaimed in disbelief.

"I don't understand why. You were great! We all were! How come we got in, and Soobin-hyung didn't??" Taehyun questioned.

"It's fine guys. You can go on a meeting without me."

"No way! You are coming with us!! There's no way we're gonna leave you out!!" Beomgyu protested.

"They're right! We're gonna talk to them and demand for you to be with us!!" I said confidently.

"No, no, no! I don't want you to get in trouble!!" Soobin protested. Doesn't he get that it's pointless at this point?

"Soobin-hyung, Yeonjun-hyung is right. We promised each other that it's either all five of us, or neither of us." Kai said determinedly and we all agreed.

Looks like Soobin realized that there's no point of arguing against all four of us since he let out a sigh of defeat.

+×+

3rd person's POV:

The boys arrived at the place of the meeting along with Soobin. There was no way the boys were leaving him, and so, he went with them.

"Hello." the boys greeted the staff.

"Hello-- Oh! There you are, young man!" one of the staff members said once saw Soobin with the boys.

"Me?" Soobin asked, pointing at himself.

"Yes! It's been weeks since we've tried finding you!"

"Hold up, you were trying to find him?" Yeonjun asked in disbelief. Was he hearing it right?

"That's right. We received answers from four of you but there was no answer from Choi Soobin."

"Hold up. Does that mean..." Beomgyu couldn't finish the sentence due to realization, while Soobin stood there, still processing the whole situation.

"Choi Soobin passed the auditions. All five of you did." the staff member said, confirming the news.

All five of them gasped, not believing what they were hearing.

"Soobin-ah! You passed!!" Yeonjun cheered.

Soobin got out of his trance.

"I did?? I did!!" Soobin exclaimed happily as he jumped slightly.

"You did it, hyung!!"

In the matter of seconds, four boys embraced the tallest boy in a group hug.

"Ahh, I feel like I'm gonna cry. I really thought I didn't pass!"

A small "Ahem" was heard which brought the boys back to reality.

"Now, that all five of you are here, should we proceed to the meeting?"

"Right, sorry." the boys bowed as they followed the staff to the meeting room, bowing and greeting the others on their way there.

+×+

The meeting was over and the boys signed their contracts. They'd also found out the reason why the company couldn't reach Soobin. He confused the numbers when writing down his phone number, and same with the email.

"Wow. How come I was so nervous that I managed to confuse the numbers in both, my phone number and email?!" Soobin questioned, surprised with himself.

"At least we're all in!"

"And there was no need to demand the company to let Soobin pass." Taehyun pointed out which made them all laugh at the truth.

"This is worth a party!!" Hueningkai cheered.

"Who's house this time?"

"Yeonjun-hyung's!" Soobin said immediately.

"Why mine??" Yeonjun resented.

"I don't know." Soobin excused.

"That's not an excuse, Soobin-ah..." Yeonjun pouted. "On the other hand... my parents are leaving for the weekend--"

"YAY!! PARTY AT YEONJUN-HYUNG'S!!" the youngest maknae cheered.

+×+

"Hyung, when are you considering on confessing?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun as they were left together.

"Stop asking me that. I don't know..."

"Hyung, you need to do it. It's getting out of your control. The other maknaes already sense something wrong when we catch you staring at him. I don't know what other excuses to come up with."

This caught Yeonjun off guard. He didn't realize how obvious he was. He blushed.

"I-i.. I didn't know..."

"Hyung, if you want to organize something, we can try and help." Beomgyu suggested.

"No. I will confess to Soobin at this party we're making."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'CONFESS TO SOOBIN'????"

"HUENINGKAI?!!!"

+×+
They're partying again-- 😅