Chapter 14: We're the and up

When admin said the prom night had come to an end my friends and I were all super disappointed. Most people were cheering or giving their partners a sly smile and smirk hinting that they uh, wanted to do their ‘taxes’ together. Damien and Selena gave us a heads up that they wanted to go to dinner together and we probably wouldn’t see them for the rest of the night. I don’t know what Sully means by that, but I don’t think I want her to answer that question. Now it was just Brett and I and although it was about 11:30 pm, I wasn’t the least bit tired. 

“Tell me what’s going on in that pretty head of yours” Brett says, putting a stop to the thoughts traveling through my head like butterflies fluttering their wings in a flowery meadow on a warm summer day.

“Oh, I was just thinking that I don’t want the night to end just yet.”

“I know exactly what you mean,” he says with a sexy smirk.

“GLOW IN THE DARK LASER TAG” I say at the same time he says fun time.

“Ewww, get your mind out the gutter you weirdo.”

“I was just kidding, you know I’d never force you to do anything. I’ll wait till you’re ready princess.”

“I know, and I appreciate that. Most guys wouldn’t.”

“Well you and I both know I’m not most guys” he says with a wink.

“Anyway, I wanna go play laser tag in my prom dress.”

“Your wish is my command m’lady. Wait here and I’ll be back in a second.” Brett leaves and comes back within ten minutes. When he comes to get me he takes one of my hands in his and bends at the waist. “Your carriage awaits”. We walk outside to his red sports car parked right outside the main lobby doors of the hotel. He opens the door for me and helps me in, careful to make sure my dress is fully contained in his car. He then comes around and gets in the driver’s seat and drives to Chubby Hamster’s Laser Tag and Arcade. Surprisingly, it wasn’t very far from the hotel. Probably only about 20 minutes away. By the time we got there my feet were killing me. It was so bad that I didn’t wanna move at all.

“Chlo, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I’m fine” I say. I wanted to stick out the pain and hopefully make it through the night.  

“Babe I can see something’s definitely wrong, just tell me how I can help if you don’t wanna tell me the problem.”

I sigh in exhaustion. “My feet are killing me could you please take off my sh-” I start but am interrupted by the feeling of my feet being grabbed and plopped onto Brett’s lap. He unties the laces that ran up my calf and ended at my knee and slips the shoes off with ease. “Tha-” I start to say thank you but then he starts massaging the soles of my feet which felt heavenly. Wow I didn’t even have to ask, he’s definitely a keeper.

“Feel better?”

“Much. Thank you” I say kissing his cheek leaving a bright red lipstick stain.

“No problem. Here put these on, I know you don’t wanna wear shoes but you’re gonna have to if you still wanna play laser tag”. He hands me his shoes and put on mine.

“What are you doing? Those are stilettos, you have no idea what a beautiful death trap those are”.

“Eh, it’s only one night. Besides you’re a beautiful death trap and I put up with you everyday”

I gasped. “Take that back right now!” I say playfully reaching over to slap his arm.

“Why don’t you make me”.