Chapter 9: I Have a Question....

Brett’s Pov

Chloe and I have been ‘dating’ for three months now and I wanted to do something special for her. The feelings between us were undeniable and I wanted to show her how special she was. I decided to call Selena and come up with a plan to surprise her. 

“Hello? Who is this?”

“This is Brett, Chloe had to borrow my phone to call you before and saved your number in it just in case she needed to use it again.”

“Oh ok, what can I help you with?” And so I tell her all about what I had planned and she agrees to help me.

“That’s a fantastic idea, she’s gonna love that.”

“Thanks, can you pick up a few things from the store for me please? I’ll text you the things and pay you back. I’ll take the other half of the list.”

“Of course! If you want I can get Chloe out of the house for the day, we’re long overdue for a girls day of fun and relaxation.”

“Perfect, thank you so much Selena.”

“No problem.”

We then hang up and I go to get the things I need.

Chloe’s Pov

Selena comes back from running errands and drops the bags in the kitchen. She then goes upstairs and comes back with a pair of my black leggings and a crop top with the pink logo written across the front in silver sequins.

“Here Chlo, put this on.”

“Why? I’m comfortable in Brett’s hoodie.”

“Please Chloe, I have some fun things planned for us.”

“But I don’t want to change. Can’t I do whatever you have planned in this?” I say with a whine.

“No Chloe, trust me when I say this, you’re gonna wanna wear this cute yet casual outfit for today. I tried to pick something as comfy as possible while still making sure you don’t look like a hobo.”

“Maybe I wanted to look like a hobo” I say stubbornly.

“Chloe Victoria Smith! Put these clothes on right now!” Selena says.

“Ok mom” I say with an eye roll before going to change.

“Ok, now that you’re changed into decent clothes, you can be seen in public. Get in the car, we’re going to the mall”

“All this just to go to the mall?”

“Relax grandma, you can play bingo or whatever after we have our girls day. First we are going to each find a cute new outfit, then we are getting mani pedis, and lastly we are getting massages.”

“Ok, fine. Your plans do sound fun. Could we maybe get food too?”

“Sure, we can get food at Applebee’s. There’s one in the mall so it’s more convenient.”

“Ok.” 

It was now about 2 in the afternoon and Selena and I were currently in Aéropostale. We had already been in Forever 21 and Charlotte Rouse and didn’t find anything we liked. 

“See anything you like, Chlo?”

“Yeah. I like this floral crop top and these ripped jean shorts. I don’t know why but I just have a thing for off the shoulder tops.”

“Ooh, that’s cute. I’m gonna get this romper with the tie in the front.”

“Ok, if you’re ready we can checkout now.”