Chapter 8: I'm at His House?!?!

Chloe’s Pov

I wake up and stretch. Huh that’s weird, my bed feels bigger than normal and my giant teddy bear feels heavier and warmer than normal. I open my eyes and can barely see. What the heck? Why can’t I see? My head hurts a little, but the pain is somewhat manageable. I feel around me and realize someone is on top of me. Oh no, what did I do?!?! The few memories I had from last night came flooding back. I couldn’t remember everything, but I tried my best to piece together what had happened. All I remember is having Rebeckah make me a drink with Selena right by me, and partying the night away. I quickly looked under the covers and was relieved to see that even though I didn’t have pants on, I still had my underwear and a huge hoodie on. Wait a minute, I know this scent. I inhale the fabric of the hoodie deeply and realize it’s Brett’s. I use all my might to sit up a bit and see that it was only a challenge because he was fast asleep with his head on my stomach and his arms wrapped around my waist. Aw, he’s so cute. I try to scooch out the bed without waking him, but he feels me move and flutters his eyes open.

“Good morning princess” he says with a deep morning voice. Geez that was sexy.

“Good morning. I trust you that’s why I’m not worrying, but could you please tell me how I got here?” He turned and leaned up on one arm to face me.

“You got drunk at Rebeckah’s party, Selena went home with a one-nightstand, and you drunk called me crying cause you fell down and scraped your knee and arm. Of course, I couldn’t leave my baby to fend for herself, so I came and got you. My dad’s away and I didn’t want you to get in trouble with your parents, so I brought you to my house. I was gonna let you have my bed all to yourself, but you demanded to be cuddled.”

“Oh god, sorry you had to take care of my drunk butt.”

“Don’t be sorry baby, I’d do anything for you.”

“Baby and princess, I like when you call me those names.”

“Your drunk self thought so too. In fact, you made the most adorable pout and had a fit when I called you by your first name” he says with a chuckle.

“I mean I can’t be mad at her, she’s right. By the way, this hoodie is mine now.”

“You can take as many as you like. How about you go do what you need to do and I’ll start on breakfast. How does pancakes, sauteed bananas, and French vanilla hot cocoas sound?”

“Perfect, but you don’t need help? That’s a lot to do by yourself.”

“I’ll be fine by myself princess.”

“Ok, but when you finish could you please bring me some water and painkillers? My head hurts really bad.”

“It’s because you were drinking heavily last night, it’s called a hangover baby. But yeah, I’ll bring it for you.”

“Geez I knew what a hangover was, but I had no idea it felt like this.”

“Yeah, but it’ll go away soon.”

“Alright, I’m gonna go brush my teeth and wash my face.”

“Thank god, you stink,” he says playfully. I immediately get an idea and walk over to him innocently. I put my arms around his neck and pulled it down to me so I could kiss his lips. When our lips connect, I open my mouth and he follows. I then proceed to burp really loudly in his mouth.

“Chloe!”

“What? All good girls are at least a bit bad. You should know that I can burp on command. That’s what you get for saying I stink” I say innocently with a shrug. He shakes his head with a smile.

“I’m gonna let this one slide because I did say you stink. Alright, I’m gonna start on breakfast now.” He leaves the room and I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When finished, I somehow manage to get downstairs to the kitchen. I see Brett cooking shirtless and hug him from behind, resting my head just below his shoulder blade.

“Hey baby,” he says as he turns around to face me. “Taste this” he says as he holds out some sauteed banana on a spoon towards me. I accept and look at him in awe. It tasted sooo good. Who knew he was just overall perfect. He puts a little bit of maple syrup on top of the whipped cream on my pancakes and slides it towards me. He then sits next to me as we eat our food.

“Wow, I am definitely having you cook me food more often” I say with a mouthful of pancake in my mouth.

“As you wish.” We finish our pancakes and then he drives me home. Selena, who was used to being drunk, was already there and sounding very much alive and not hungover.

“Thank you for the ride my knight.”

“Anytime princess.” and then he drove away