Chapter 45: My Pain

Start from the beginning

      Those caring words made the omega slowly move his hands up to hug his father in return. His breathing hitched and his arms wrapped around the minister to share the long awaited embrace they both needed to feel. Jimin couldn't recall the last time his father held him like this... and even the father himself couldn't remember the last time he spoke careful words to his son. But now, Jimin knew that he had to appreciate the moment he had with his father.

      "Why are you... why are you doing this...? Why are you being so kind to me? Why n-now?" Jimin sobbed in his father's arms. "Where were you before...? W-Where?"

       "I was so blinded by the thought of perfection, I forgot how it felt to comfort you; my son, my first born son..." the minister whispered and pulled away to look Jimin in the eyes. "I wanted nothing more but to give you the world... and I failed at that terribly. I made you into something so stubborn, so difficult, I'm sorry."

       "Do you know how much pain I've been through? Being told every day that my worth did not matter until I was married? Father, for the longest I thought you hated the idea that your first born son was an omega and not an alpha! I thought you never cared about me compared to how much you cared for Jihyun, I was created into something I now hate about myself. Being made into a stubborn boy from the way you treated me," Jimin cried and longed to hesitate on his words, but the way he looked at his father's familiar stares, it brought out every part in him to speak out.

        "I never wanted you to feel as if you did not matter. Jimin, I only wanted you to have everything but I ended up taking away so much from you. From now on, you will live the life you want. I will no longer pressure you into being perfect. Jihyun begged me to hold him higher, but now I know how harsh I could be. I don't want to hurt any of you."

      His caring words soothed Jimin's worries for the moment, but it wasn't enough to help the pain he still felt in his heart after arguing with his alpha. Jimin wanted to talk to someone about the king and how awful he was towards him, but he knew better to tell his father about the whole story. Jimin knew the older man was sorry and sat there to comfort him in every way, but trusting him was going to be difficult after the abuse he suffered from him. He just couldn't let his father know so much as if there weren't many issues standing in their way.

       Just as the minister dried his son's tears, his scent alone seemed to make Jimin nauseous. He closed his eyes tightly and turned away to cover his mouth. The sudden urge to throw up seemed to haunt him further. The sudden scent of his father becoming so nauseating to his sensitive nose, the endless tears he shed all day, and the shift of his scent was enough to make the elder question, but never pressure Jimin to answer.

     Instantly, Jimin cupped his mouth and exhaled heavily. He tried to keep it in, but it was too much to hold back since his father was sitting too close.

      "Father..." Jimin whispered and looked away. "Please, I would like to be alone.."

       Of course, Mr. Park didn't understand why he was acting this way after such a moment, but he didn't know much about omegas to stay and ask if he was alright. The only things that stuck out to the older man was the fact that Jimin's normal scent no longer seemed the same and there was such a peculiar mark on his neck. The minister knew Jimin must have been marked, but in order to gain the trust of his son and allow Jimin to turn to him whenever, he had to let these things go. No matter what Jimin did, Mr. Park never wanted to make the swan feel as if he didn't matter in this world.

      "Okay."

       That simple and honest response was enough to make Jimin smile to himself as he watched his father stand up and leave the room. No arguments, no scolding, just the two finally patching things up and understanding each other. Jimin wanted to fully trust him, but he knew he had yet to finally re-build his relationship with his father. Until then, they had yet to walk before they could run.

       By the next day, the sun had yet to rise for the morning. It was still dark outside when Jimin suddenly woke up with the same nausea from before. He was able to sleep through the feeling after his father's scent left him feeling as if he longed to throw up. The night was long as he cried himself to sleep due to the pain on his neck, his chest, and his heart where only thoughts of Jungkook wandered around so freely.

       Jimin sat up and panted to himself. He knew this was different, the sensitivity to scents and his nausea only doubled in the mornings. The swan longed to reach Taehyung's residence to receive answers, but he alone feared the worst.

      "Ah... another morning with the same feeling..." Jimin thought as his hand shot up to cover his mouth before he leaned forward to face the hard ground. "I-I don't feel well... is it Jungkook? Is he nauseous as well? Is that how it works? I don't know what's happening to me!" Jimin complained in his mind so no one else could hear him. "Maybe if I could just sleep this off again, it won't-"

       As quick as he thought he could finish those words in his mind, he suddenly threw up against the ground right by the covers to his bed made over the ground. He huffed after and suddenly felt a sting over his neck. Everything confused Jimin at the moment. He longed to ponder these questionable actions further, but even he himself didn't know what this meant. With the fear of what he had marching around in his mind, he wanted to keep this to himself.

       "Am I sick...? Am I going to die? What about Jungkook?!" Jimin whispered and moved away from the ground he threw up on. "I'm going to die and Jungkook will never see me again!"

       While the omega panicked, he stood up and hoped to find a nearby remedy underneath the folds of his hanboks neatly placed over a low table. But as he desperately searched for a medical infusion. He stumbled upon the bottle of the empty elixir Taehyung gave him before to avoid becoming pregnant. Ever since that day, he made sure he took the infusion after sharing a passionate moment with his alpha. However, something in the back of Jimin's mind worried that it wouldn't work... but deep down, he hoped it did.

       "I took it properly... there's no way," Jimin assured himself and kept searching for any remedies within his room. Hoping to avoid letting anyone else know about his constant morning sicknesses.