chapter nine: irresponsible

ARTURO'S POV: I sighed softly and settled further into my seat ,this stupid woman is driving me crazy ,why in the world can't I get that annoying yet amazingly hot woman out of my head. I need something to get my mind off everything that concerns her .

ONE WEEK LATER
I Checked my wristwatch ,it's already 2:00pm I promised Alex I'll take him to the park I'm sure he's already all dressed up,I turn off my laptop and put off a pair of denim jeans and a blue sweat shirt with a pair of sneakers, I hurry downstairs and just as I suspected my little boy is already ready ,I rushes up to me .
"Daddy I was just about to call you ,I've been looking for you ,come on I'm ready let's go ."I whisk him up on my back and carry the bag his Nani packed ,grab my keys and head for my garage, I open my red Ferrari and get in putting him on his high seat and putting his seatbelt
"Daddy we're going to climb the monkey bars right and- and- and-and build sand castles right?" I smile at his enthusiasm
"Yes champ we'll do anything you want okay I'm all yours today." He smiles and nods in affirmation. He silently sits and plays with his toy ,I smile to myself he only ever does that when he's saving his energy for later. I'll do everything I can to make today the most special Saturday ever .

MEANWHILE ............
AVA'S POV; I park my car in the driveway near the park ,I bring out my phone and dial Sophia's number, she instantly picks up ,these women will be the death of me ,imagine my surprise waking up because my phone won't stop ringing then realizing that my friends won't let me sleep because they wants a girls day at the park .
"Hey Sophie I'm right outside the park ,where are you guys?"
"Oh you're already here ,we're near the monkey bars,"
"Monkey bars? What in the world are we going there to do ?"
"Well I couldn't leave Lindsay at home to I had to bring her with me ."
" well alright I'll be there in a few okay?"
"Thattie said you better hurry your butt up before ,she comes for you
"I'll be there ,I'm coming I'm coming".

ARTURO'S POV: I park my car in the closest parking spot I can find and help Alex out of his high chair,
"So where to first buddy ,the little petting zoo or the mini water slide?"
"I want neither ,we're going to play monkey bar first ".he said and stomps his foot as in I'm arguing with him.
"Okay okay calm down ,we'll play monkey bars first ." I hold his hand and lead him to the monkey bars ,I really don't understand why he likes the game so much . I spot it but it looks kinda crowded .
"Champ we'll have to wait a little this bar is a little too crowded ."
" it doesn't matter I still want to play and you're here daddy you won't let anything happen to me."I smile he's right about that ,but still ...I look down at him and realize that he's looking at me with those puppy dog eyes
"Okay, fine you can play monkey bar
,but you won't leave my sight even for a minute " as he was about to respond my phone starts ringing .
"Daddy i thought you said no phones today?
"Yes I know but this must be urgent ."he frowns and looks at me sadly
" i understand but can I start playing now can I ? Can I ?."
"Only four steps Alex don't go higher." I nods and I answer the phone and turn around .

ALEX'S POV; I look sadly at dad as he walks away ,he never has time for me anymore ,I just want to play but he's always busy busy busy , I start climbing the monkey bar ,then I remember Dada's warning ,but I ignore it at almost the same time ,he won't notice he's too busy talking to know if I go any further ,I climb higher and higher ,the air feels really good ,I didn't notice this kid and I bumped into him.
"Ouch I'm sorry I didn't see you there ."
"Liar you did it on purpose ,you wanted me to fall."
"I didn't push you on purpose if anything ,you hit me because you saw me coming."
"Shut up you toad ,you're not even saying that it's your fault."
" I'm not a toad you're a toad ,and you're mean."he starts sniffling
" are you calling me a toad I'll show you." Before I could understand what he was saying he shoved me and I fell off the monkey bars.
MEANWHILE...........
AVA'S POV: I try to trace the monkey bar in the map that the guide found ,I found a monkey bar but I don't see my friends anywhere, i gaze at the little boys and girls with longing in my eyes , My eyes tear up as I think of what my horrible luck took from me ,I didn't even get to experience it before it was taken away from me,I suddenly spot two little boys arguing it seems that their mothers aren't paying attention ,suddenly the other boy pushed the smaller one off the monkey bar I don't even know how I got there so fast I caught him in my arms he's sobbing so hard , I hold him closer to my chest ,and soothe his back and kiss his forehead, he locks his arms firmly around my waist ,and I notice that a small crowd of people gather around me ,I lift him in my arm and take him away because all the people are scaring him ,he doesn't loosen his hold ,I walk a little slowly just in case his mother is somewhere close by ,but nobody approaches me ,I'll just have to ask him when he's calmer ,but which parent in the world is so irresponsible, to leave their child unsupervised in a park ,much less a monkey bar.......