chapter fourteen : feel it too

AVA'S POV : I'm positively confused ,i can't hear majority of what Mr San Gorgorio is saying because I'm trying hard to understand my reaction to him ,i can feel my heart racing , i can smell the intoxicating scent of his cologne and the manly scent that is just him,savoury , spicy, a heady combination, the dimly lit hallway cast a shadow on half his face highlighting his brilliant gray eyes, making him look impossibly handsome , and at the moment I'm definitely hypnotised and the way his eyes darkened,making his eyes look more hazel than gray ,what is happening to me, if i didn't know any better I'd say I'm attracted to him? No ..no way ,I'm obviously very tired ,i need to go home and take a long shower and get all these bizarre thoughts out of my mind, my thoughts are interrupted when i feel Alex tug at my gown
"Pretty tìa please can you and daddy read me a bed time story please please please." I immediately look at Arturo, his eyebrows arched and he stared at me as if challenging me ,a hint of a smile playing on his lips, soft ,and rosy looking lips , i shake my head I'm losing my mind that's the only explanation i need to leave.
"Baby i need to leave okay its getting really late ,daddy will read to you i need to go."i bent his head but now before i notice tears in his eyes ,his shoulders slumped i feel a wave of guilt tighten my chest.
"Okay fine one story and that's it." He immediately starts smiling
"Yayyyy!!!! I'll go to my room and brush my teeth and put my PJs on ."before i can regret it he runs leaving me and Arturo standing in the hallways,he stares at the horrified look on my face ,he avoided my eyes and i see the corners of his lips curled up involuntarily he fought back hard as his cheeks swelled momentarily,the fact that he found some kind of humor in my helplessness gets me a bit irritated and I'm about to yell at him but suddenly he burst laughing, revealing the perfect set of pearl white teeth ,i stare at him ,his entire face lit up and i couldn't look away, his rich laughter washed over me like honey , utterly spellbinding, his laughter died down leaving only a chuckle in it's place ,I'm pretty sure he has no idea how captivating his laugh is, he still had a grin ,with his usual scowl absent from his face I'm finding it extremely hard to get my heart to calm down ,his usual guarded expression all but disappeared he looked relaxed and young ,that combination wrecking havoc on my poor heart.
"I can't believe you fell for his puppy dog eyes, he can get you to do anything he wants with just that look."
"Well i know but i just couldn't say no ."it seemed he realized exactly who he was talking to and his guarded look came right back his smile disappeared and he cleared his throat, such a shame .
"Well you agreed so you might as well finish what you started before you find an excuse to sleep over as well." My temper flares of course i knew him being nice was too good to be true, Arturo San Gorgorio is nothing but an arrogant, ruthless, rude not to mention grouchy man, i choose not to respond to his words and just quietly follow him back down the hall to Alexander's room

ARTURO'S POV: what is wrong with me?  This is exactly why I didn't want this woman anywhere  near me, why in the world does she have to be so damn beautiful, and what happened to me over there no one and i mean no one has been able to make me laugh since Sonya, I feel a hint of a smile making it's way to my face but I fight it back i don't like Ava, she doesn't fascinate me and she isn't attractive in any way, I chant to myself as we walk to Alexander's room
Alex has already gotten  ready,  brushed his teeth and put his pj's on that too all on his own.
"Daddy, pretty tía I've picked the book I want to you to read for me. "
"Sure champ give it here let me have a look at it. "It's his favorite story of jack and the bloody beanstalk I try hard not to roll my eyes. I open to chapter one to start reading but he stops me.
"No no no I want you and pretty tía to read it together at the same time please daddy. "I shake my head,  better get this over with fast , I turn to her and see she's standing timidly behind the door, why is she being so shy all of a sudden acting like this isn't even what she wanted,  I gesture for her to come over and she walks toward me and Alexander, she stands behind me and peers at the book, little tendrils of her hair brush my face,  I close my eyes totally unprepared for the sudden onslaught of emotions that course through me, she leans closer to get a closer look at the book and my heart skyrockets,her perfume is the most addictive scent I have ever perceived , she smelt of roses ana hint of vanilla, and faintly of lilac.
"Miss Preston please can you move back you're leaning too close. "
"I can't I didn't bring my glasses so I can't see things that are close enough. "I don't say a word. We both start reading but I'm finding it hard to keep up when I'm trying really hard not to turn around and kiss her senseless, what the hell am I thinking!!!  It's been a while since I've been with a woman that's it I need to get laid simple. The story is short that's the only good thing about it, Alex demands that Ava stays beside him and she does, I see the way he's looking at her and my heart drops my baby misses his mummy, soon after he falls asleep, I close the book and kiss his cheek, coincidentally Ava does the same, she stands up the same time I  do and our faces are close, her lips part and her breath hitched then slightly elevated, my eyes darken as I look at how soft a d luscious looking her lips are I don't know who moved closer whether it's me or her, but then she pulls away.
"Umm i -i-i what am I saying Umm i-i'm going home now. " I find her reaction rather amusing, I slowly walk behind her, silently fuming with anger but whether I'm angry at her or myself is the real mystery , we reach the door, and I notice Samuel smiling at me with his brows arched up on question and his eyes glistening in amusement, she extends  her hand and I take it, her palms are rather soft and her nails perfectly manicured, and I shouldn't be noticing her hands,  what is wrong with me, she needs to leave.
"Alex is really a sweetheart and he's positively adorable. "I chuckle at that
"Yes that he is..  Look miss Preston things haven't changed between us, I'm still going to take your company so don't get carried away and while I'm genuinely grateful that you saved Alex I'd prefer it if you keep your distance, I don't like mixing my personal life with my business life it always creates a mess. "She smiles tightly and I know she's trying to rein in her temper
"I should've known good night Mr Arturo. "She turns and leaves