Chapter eighteen: two can play at that game

AVA'S POV: I walked with quick angry strides straight back to my car, how dare he, that pompous, arrogant, ridiculously handsome, stupid man, his annoyingly red lips and his lashes that are way too long to belong to a guy, I shouldn't be thinking about him at all after all business is business, I angrily opened my car, just as I jammed my keys into the ignition, my phone started vibrating in my pocket, I yanked it out of my bag. "Hello!! What's the matter, Ignacio now is not a good time."
"Pardon me, ma'am I didn't mean to interrupt but it's urgent." I buckled my seatbelt and tried to organise my thoughts
"Ma'am the G&X just sent a copy of the contract, he has written a new proposal and he's already provided jobs for our current staff, he has already contacted constructors, did you agree to the terms of the contract? The board members are in turmoil what do we do ma'am? ". At this point, I was clutching my phone so hard I thought it would break, my hands were vibrating as I contemplated several methods of killing that good for nothing, realising that he was still waiting for my reply, I put my rage on a tight leash.
"Schedule a meeting with the secretary of G&X, I want his phone number right now, make sure the meeting with Mr San Gregorio is made paramount, first thing tomorrow understood? ". I didn't wait for his reply I hung up seething, I quickly drove back to my apartment at 12016 Herbert street. After parking my car in the driveway, I was about to enter my house, when my phone rang, I answered immediately thinking it was Ignacio. "Hello, Ignacio have you reached his secretary that arrogant, pompous, pretentious, vain...".
" Pardon me, Mrs Preston, if you are done with our colourful description of my personality can we get down to business,".I gulped and didn't say a word, of all times to speak without thinking why did I have to say all of that, and why exactly was I thinking of how sexy the deep baritone of his voice was, it felt like aged whiskey sliding down my throat, fiery and slick, I snapped out of it and schooled as much dignity and disdain into my voice.
"I have no business to discuss with you, Mr San Gregorio, I don't know who you think you are, I don't care if you're black-hearted or if you have an empty heart don't you dare think you can treat everyone the same way, I might not have as much influence as you do, but by God, I will fight you with everything I have, you will not touch my company I don't care if you want to pay in precious stones, my secretary will mail your documents back to you, thank you for your time, we will have no further meeting, good day." I hung up, I was fuming my chest heaving, I needed to get away from that man he is dangerous, I could not continue playing with fire, he was eliciting too many dangerous emotions that I didn't want to feel." I walked inside, stopping briefly at the hall and taking calming breaths, I felt tears well up in my eyes, and honestly, I don't even know why I feel like crying, I shake off the feeling and decide to call Tatiana I need to go out and have some fun, get my mind off Arturo and everything about him, she picks up at the second ring ." hey cupcake what's the matter?" I sigh, barely holding back the tears." oh babe I miss you, I want to go out, I need, I need to stop thinking for a while." I can hear the curiosity in her voice before she even says it.
"Who is the guy? I know it's a man that has you in knots, you know what say no more I'll handle it I'm coming over and I'll come with soph okay? We'll be there in a little while." She hangs up without allowing me to reply. I make my way to my bedroom instantly comforted by the scent of Jasmines my dog Reggie is laying comfortably by the fire, I take off my clothes and throw them into the hamper at the back of my door, I can't stop myself from thinking about him, that enthralling scent of him, the feel of his arms around me, that beautiful laughter of his, makes me want to continue making him laugh. I groaned and tugged at my hair, what is wrong with me, I almost kissed him, how could I do that, he was trying to take over my company and ruin everything, my husband built, I can't think about him that way. I roll my hair in a rough bun and enter the bathroom, I turn on the hot water and pour some scented oils and rose water into the bath, I entered the tub and relaxed trying I get my mind off him, but even when I relaxed he's still the only thing I can think about, barely 5 minutes in the bath and I hear Tatiana's car pull up in the driveway, I quickly scrub my body clean and wash my hair with my vanilla shampoo and I rinsed it out, hurriedly getting out of the bath and covering myself with my pink bathrobe, and coming out of the bathroom just in time to collide with her, she put her arms around me to stabilize me, then she hugged me tightly which was just what I needed, her comforting scent enveloped me, like rolling in a field of flowers, she pulled me away and accessed me from head to toe.
"You know, I know just what you need, you need to party get drunk and probably get laid." She chuckled at the scandalized expression on my face." okay fine maybe not getting laid but you do need to get drunk you look terrible, and one of the best cures for a broken heart is booze." I shake my head." My heart is not broken it's just confusing, but yes I do need a drink, but mind you I don't have any clothes to wear." she smiled a malicious smile, that secretly gave me chills, and she pulled out 3 dresses so scandalous that my jaw dropped

" she smiled a malicious smile, that secretly gave me chills, and she pulled out 3 dresses so scandalous that my jaw dropped

She giggled at me scandalized expression on my face

She giggled at me scandalized expression on my face."3 dressing for the three of us the nude silk is mine so u get to pick between the remaining two generous right." I don't know where the daring came from but I picked the black short one, it took 20 minutes to squeeze into the dress and though it fit me like a glove I felt naked and I had a strong feeling something was going to go horribly wrong at least that's what I thought.....