Chapter 21

Danny and Sam traveled back into reality, but this time it was different. It wasn't the dark and deep vortex that engulfed them before. It was magical, bright, colorful, and full of life. They looked around both turning their heads as far around as they could go but before they saw the full sight a bright white light engulfed them. The warmth surrounded them, it was comforting, Sam could've stayed there forever and been happy enough. 

"Sam..." Danny's voice echoed. 

Sam closed her eyes. 

"SAM!" Danny's voice got louder. 

Sam quickly opened her eyes, "Danny..." She looked around but didn't see him anywhere. 

"Sam, You gotta come back."  His voice was quieter. Sam started freaking out. 

"No. no no no no...." She turned around in every which way but he was no where in sight. "NO" Her eyes flashed green, the air started cooing down.  Something about this place felt different, like it was alive but not a typical feeling. It felt different, more spiritual. As her eyes lit green she felt a force hit her shoulder blades and shove her down out of this reality she had found herself in.  Her body flew through the air, she watched as the bright white disappeared and the familiar scene of her room at the fenton's tumbled with her through the air.  "Ugh" She groaned as her back hit the wall and her body fell to the floor. 

"Sam..." Danny rushed to her side. "Are you okay?" 

"What was that?" Sam asked as she lifted her head up to look into her boyfriends neon green eyes. "And why were you calling me?" 

Danny furrowed his eye brows. " I wasn't calling you, and I'm not sure..." He said as a small white light vanished from the middle of the room. "But I'm going to find out." 

He helped Sam up from the floor and took her hand. "Let's go" He said as he began walking her out of the room. "Wait." Sam said as she pulled her hand away. She ran over to the mirror hanging on the wall. She looked into the mirror, closed her eyes and focused her energy into her ghost form.  A cold breeze washed over her, and when she reopened her eyes she was met with the glowing green pupils, white hair, and tanner skin than normal. Danny stood closed behind her, he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her in close. "Wow." She said. 
"Who knew we would've been that couple. We always match now" Danny smirked at his girlfriend as he stared at her reflection. He turned and buried his face into her hair. His lips landed on her neck and planted a sweet kiss before pulling away and taking her hand once again. She followed him out the door, down the stairs to the kitchen.  As they got half way down the stairs they could hear a conversation taking place. Danny turned to Sam motioned for her to stay there as he made his way down the rest of the stairs. Sam listened in.  

"Mom, I'm just saying  I think it would be a good idea rather than having them run away." Jazz voice came from behind the wall. "I don't know Jazz, aren't they a little young?" Maddie answered back. 

"Well it's not like it's far, its just downstairs." Jazz answered. 

"Hey Jazz, Hey Mom." Danny said as he turned the corner. "What were you talking about?"

"Uh nothing important, just home remodeling" Jazz said nervously. Sam could feel a shift in the atmosphere surrounding Jazz, she was hiding something. 

"How's Sam sweetie, Jazz told us about the vines earlier." Maddie said, quickly taking the attention off Jazzmine.  " I hope she comes back out of this soon." The ghost in amity aren't as bad as they used to be but even the smallest threats now are really taking it out of your dad. 

"What do you mean mom?" Danny said confused. "I thought you said there were no ghost to worry about." 

"Sweetie we know your first priority is Sam, and we know you have been stressed so we left it to tucker and your dad to take care of any small ghost that came through that were causing trouble." Maddie said. Danny nodded a little disappointed, now that he thought about it Tucker hadn't been around much but he chalked it up to being the new mayor. "What ghost have you seen so far?" Danny asked.  Sam sensed the tension in Danny's energy. 

"So far just small threats, the box ghost, the ectopus, the lunch lady...Tucker did very well, your dad on the other hand" Maddie sighed. "He could use the self esteem boost." Sam took a deep breathe  and continued down the stairs. "Well I guess you can let him know he has twice the help now." Sam said as she turned the corner. Maddie and Jazz eyes stared down on her, she locked eye contact with Jazz.  A feeling she had never felt before washed over her, she felt like she could feel everything that Jazz had ever felt before. Jazz tensed up and backed up, Sam felt Jazz energy shift. She was uncomfortable, like someone had a cold grip on her aura. 

"Sam!, How are you feeling." Maddie said. "Tingly, but good" Sam said as she smiled, turning her direction toward Maddie. "You look beautiful, white hair suites you." Maddie said. Sam smiled and nodded. She felt the grip release from Jazzmine, as her energy came back out from hiding. Danny turned to Sam. "Tucker is in the lab, can you go down and ask him to do a wide spread search on all known realities and planes." He asked. Sam nodded and Danny kissed her on the cheek as she went down the stairs. She stopped a few stairs down to listen in on what the conversation would turn too. 

"Jazz? Whats wrong." Danny asked sensing the strange feeling around his sister. 

"Sam... When she looked at me, it was like she was reading me. My body language, my feelings, my emotions, it was like she was scanning   everything about me. When we made eye contact I got this cold feeling, something that I have never felt before, something that I don't even know how to explain." Jazz shook her head. 

Danny turned his head over his shoulder. He felt it too, something about Sam seemed different, something more enhanced about her. As a full human she had a great intuition, she was very good at reading people but now as a halfa, something has evolved in her really pushing those aspects about her. "Clockwork said she would be powerful, she would potentially have powers that I don't." Danny turned around with his back towards his sister. "But what those are I don't know yet." Sam sighed and lowered her head as she walked down to Tucker. Now she was questioning her self, if this transformation was a good thing or not. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt the people around her, especially Danny but now if he is questioning this is he questioning their relationship. She turned around the door way and looked up to see Tucker with a picture of Valerie on his PDA. Tucker was staring at Valerie so intently that he did not notice the newly formed halfa approach him. "Tuck!"  Sam yelled from behind his back. This shocked Tucker out of his day dreaming state, out of surprise he threw his PDA into the ghost zone. "Why are the doors even open still?!" He exclaimed. Sam rolled her eyes, "Ill be right back." Her white hair and green eyes still prevalent, showing she was still in the ghost form. She stepped in as she entered the zone in search of Tucker precious technology. 

Back in Fenton Labs Tucker still stood in awe. He didn't know what to be more in surprise of, the fact that Sam looked like Danny, or the fact that Sam saw Tucker looking at  a picture of Valerie, as he stood there he couldn't help but feel like there was a third thing he should've been in surprised for. 

"Tucker, Where's Sam?" Danny's voice came from behind him. 

"She went into the ghost zone." Tucker said. 

"SHE WHAT?!" Danny screamed. 

" There's that third thing I was supposed to be surprised of... I let Sam go into the ghost zone alone..." Tucker said as he pulled his beret down over his ears and eyes in fear.  He ducked down as he felt a cold wind fly by him. 

He slowly pulled the beret over his eye and looked around the room once again. Danny was no where to be found, presumably he flew into the ghost zone after Sam. 

"Danny's gonna kill me when he gets back." Tucker said. 

Danny entered the ghost zone, spirals of green ombre surrounding him, and purple doors floating as far as the eyes could see. He growled. 

"I'm going to kill Tucker."