32. They can't break us

Start bij het begin

"'Cuz I would end up in some shitty family that has a man just like him. Or the police wouldn't believe me and he would kill me." I hug her tighter.

I feel like we're sharing the pain. Finally, someone who understands me. Finally, someone broken like me.

"I won't tell anyone, don't worry", she says, wiping her tears.

"Where is he?", I ask, my voice shaky from the fear which permeates through my body. "How did you convince him to leave me here?"

"I didn't need to convince him", she laughs. "He was drunk as hell. Myles drove him home. And I told Myles that you fell asleep. So yeah."

"And where's our girl friend?", I scoff.

"Asleep, too. She'll sleep 'till noon. She tried to seduce Christopher." My stomach growls, but not because of hungry.

"I don't understand what she sees in him. I really see a monster in him. Big, bad monster." I frown, because of the image which pops into my mind. Bad image. Scary one.

"I guess you didn't see that when you met him?" I shake my head. "Of course. That's why she doesn't see it. They hide that monster very well. When I was little I never thought that my father", the sob escapes her mouth, "my own father would hurt me." I feel bad for her. I underestimate her. I would never tell that she hides such a dark secret. But guess we never know what someones hides. Because they hide and act so well.

"I can't look at him anymore. I can't hold it anymore. How I'm going to..." I hiccup.

I bury my head into her chest. She fondles my messy and greasy hair.

"You can. We will survive. They can't break us. They can't", she hums.

After we cried our eyes out, I got up and got ready to go back to hell. Back to him. Of course, she convinced me to eat a little bit, because I have to be strong. I tried to convince her I couldn't and that I was sick, but she said that I couldn't let him break me and kill me. Because he's killing me like this. I think that I'm not worth it, she said, but I know that is just his way to engrave himself into my skin, into my body, and my mind. And I can't let that happen.

"Thank you."I hug her one last time.

"I never knew this was going to happen", she says, laughin'. "Me admitting you the truth about my fucked up life."

"Me neither, me neither."

But, now I respect her. Before this confession, I thought she was just a slut like her friend and the other ones. Like Alexia. I didn't know she was a victim, too. I didn't know that all women were victims of possessive and abusive men. They always lose and men always win.

I wipe sweat from my forehead

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I wipe sweat from my forehead. I haven't had any idea how good Tyler as a fighter was. No, scratch that. How great and strong he is. He's my best friend so we never fought. And I'm grateful for that and hope that stays like that.

"I'm going to kill that motherfucker!", I say, dropping my exhausted body on the floor. I'd never admit it, but I'm tired as hell. I've been practicing the whole day.

"Yeah, we should take a rest." He joins me on the floor, drinking water.

I sigh. I never knew that I was going to arrange a fight. Because of her. To save her. I don't want to admit one thing, too. I'm scared. Scared that I'll lose. Lose her. One half of my mind says that I have to succeed, but that dark side says, that I'm gonna lose it. Lose her.

"What if I lose?", the dark side of my mind pushes me to say. Tyler looks at me, shaking his head.

"Bro, you have to believe in yourself." But, he doesn't know how twisted my mind is. How it tries to bury me. "I thought you didn't care for what they said." He frowns, drinking the last gulp of water.

"I didn't, until now", I admit, sighing.

"I believe in you", he says, looking into me with his brown eyes.

"Why?" I don't understand why he's at my side. Why he's my best friend. To be the best friend you have to know them. But, Tyler only knows the side I want him to know. Not the dark and twisted one.

"You know why?" I look at him, curious. "Because you'll do anything for her."

He's right. I will. Anything.

"Thanks, mate!" I pat his shoulder. "Now back to work!"

I lift my sore body and begin to kick the wreck bag, imagining it is Christopher. That son of a bitch, who will lose the fight for the first time. And I will have Stella, by my side.

"Everything's arranged. The fight is in two days", Austin announce.

"See? She's yours", Tyler smiles.

In two days. She's mine.

NOTE: Who do you think was that girl who helped Stella? Chloe or Maya? I know this chapter sucks but better ones are coming! Stay tuned! 😊

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.