"Aghh," I hissed when I tried to touch it but instead, I ended up hitting it with my palm "Ouch". I was taken by surprise when the door to the club opened, letting the music filter through. I quickly got out to see who it was.

"Gab, I told you I'm fi-"

I cut myself up when I saw that it wasn't Gab nor the storks. It was him, in all his glory, in a suit like the day of my interview. It is unbuttoned at the top revealing the tattoos on his chest. He had his hands in the front pockets making the shirt tighten around his biceps. This man certainly works out a lot.

The one that I was supposed to be working for but when I asked no one knew his name. That should've been my first queue to leave. I wonder if McDonald's is hiring?

"Hey," I said shyly. The fuck is wrong with me? I'm not a shy person. I started playing with the hem оf a skirt, which was a little down allowing me to see the little bruise. I don't think he saw it because I quickly put it up.

"You're not supposed to be here, aren't you?" he asked, taking a few steps forward with an emotionless face.

Everyone's a liar

"I work here"

"I know you do but you are not a waitress" he replied instantly. "You're not supposed to be here tonight" he added crossing his arms around his chest making the shirt tighten even more.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Nope,'' I responded, shooking my head for effect. I'm gonna deny as much as I can. I'm not trying to get fired neither Aurora.

"Are you ok?" he asked in a more subtle tone. "Yes, I'm fine just a little shaken up"

"I came to apologize and to inform you that you can leave. You can take a free day tomorrow"

"Thanks but why would you apologize?"

Why would he apologize? I have no clue but I know for a fact that tonight I'm gonna get the name of this man.

"This is your workplace and you should be safe all the time but some people fail to follow orders," he said the last part with a certain amount of sarcasm. "Where's Aurora?"

"Sick...She's sick...very, like almost dying"

I hate myself.

"Yeah, so she asked if I could cover up for her," I added. I had to break eye contact because, honestly, it's been a long time. Mama needs it at least once a month. "But she'll be here tomorrow. Don't worry, it was just today"

He bit hard on his bottom lips, not in a seductive way, and looked away. Why is he so moody? I barely know the guy but I can tell he has quite a mood. He returned his gaze to me. "Do you need a ride?"

Ok, that's it, he's gonna kill me and dump me in a river. I'll sink like the titanic and the fishes can't help me from drowning.

"I'm not going to kill you if that's what you're thinking. I just want to make sure my worker gets home safe" he said like he could read my thoughts. I'm pretty expressive so maybe he saw me trying to get my brain to function.

"Why would I think that? it's not like you are murder or you are?"

He let out a low chuckle but got serious as he saw me raising my left brow. "I can't answer that or I would have to get rid of you. It would be a shame to lose such a pretty face"

"If you say so. Okay then looks like you're getting me home but if you kill me just make sure you destroy my phone " I replied, I wish I was joking but you never know.

"Does your phone have that many secrets?" he asked in a playful tone. I let out a loud chuckle before responding "Maybe, but it also has a ridiculous amount of selfies and not the good ones"

"I'll go get my bag, I left it in the bathroom, and then we can go," I added. I turned my back on him and I could feel his eyes burning my skin. Discreet much.

Let me not even mention discretion because my outfit right now, says otherwise. I took the bag and before leaving I tried to fix my hair quickly in the mirror. "why can't you just be tamed for a little" I let out in a sigh passing my fingers through the locks of black hair in my front.

I got out and Mr. no name was texting angrily, poor phone. I was standing right behind him, he smelt like a mix of citrus, Original Old Spice, and a hint of tobacco. Damn hormones. He didn't notice I was in the room until I cleared my throat from behind me. He turned his body around.

He turned around, his eyes quickly fell to mines that were looking up because if I looked to the front it would be to his throat, that's how tall he is. "You're quite tiny," he said seriously, his eyes not leaving mines. "And you are a whole giraffe"

I wonder what else is, too.

I now have the opportunity to look closer at his features. This man is beautiful. My eyes traveled all around his face. Instinctively I bring my gaze to his lips and I see a smirk come across. I felt my lips get dry so I liked them without thinking it through "C'mon let's get you home"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

The car ride was the pure definition of boring. In the background was music that could put a giant to sleep. I resisted the urge to say anything stupid.

Occasionally I caught him looking in my direction but nothing more and it wasn't like I didn't look at it either because he's eye candy. I didn't even know if I had a job to return to, but since I never mentioned it, I assumed that I did.

Apart from that, this man was driving a super expensive car, the interior was so clean you could eat in it. Every time we passed a bridge the image of me falling into the water came to mind. He is an actual stranger, I didn't know at all.

Several minutes later we reached the outside of my building. I looked up at him smiling at him while I took off the seatbelt. This better work because if it doesn't, it would be embarrassing for me "Thanks for the ride, sir"

I opened the door and got out. I was already on my way to the stairs when I felt someone call out my name.

Looks like it's working. I walked up to the car and leaned on the door of the passenger side.

"Lorenzo," he said with his sight on the road.

"Excuse me"

He had turned to the side, this time facing me. The lighting was making his hazel eyes shine a bit. It illuminated half of his stall-face. "Lorenzo, that's my name"

It worked.

"Good night, Maya"

"Good night, Lorenzo"

~~~
I love slowed song but.. the song didn't match 💀 I mean kindaaa ok nvm it didn't
anyways, i hope you enjoy the chapter.
don't forget to vote and comment (if you want to)
thanks for reading
see you 🚪🤸🏻‍♀️