Chapter 1- My highschool Debut!

Dark ,tall and Ugly.
Creep, idiot, loser.
Gorilla, Dinosaur and Man.

These were just a few of the words that people hatefully used  to describe me, Used being the key word. Over summer something changed, I changed.  I made a decision that i would no longer be the Ugly duckling,I was ready to become the swan.
The Black swan.
I was awoken by a shrill siren like noise blaring in my ear, rolling out of bed I tapped the touch pad on my phone silencing my alarm. It was 7:05. I yawed as I walked over to my dresser and picked up My favorite body wash and headed for the bathroom.

I leaned against the bathroom counter as i waited for the water to get hot. As i waited i stared at myself in the mirror, still in awe. It's  amazing what a difference a few little changes make. It was hard to believe the face in the mirror was my own. Over the past three months my skin had cleared up, and was blemish free. My short black hair was camouflaged by chest length extensions. My brown eyes covered behind green contact lenses. And i had actually become quite curvy.

People might not even recognize me. I smiled at the thought.

You see, ever since i was Young i've been bullied, harassed, and assaulted.

By friends, enemies and strangers alike. Because i was different. Because i wasn't pretty enough,girly enough, smart enough. Or whatever reason they would come up with. But i didn't get mad, oh no. Because starting today, I'm about to get even.

When i noticed the steam collecting on the mirror i quickly got in the shower and let the warm water roll across my slightly sore muscles. Over the summer i also took up a few new hobbies, kickboxing included. I had it Sunday and Wednesday nights. Today was Monday. 

I heard my phone go off again, signalling that it was time for me to get out of the shower. So i hopped out, rapped a towel around me and headed back for my room. I got dressed pretty fast which left me time to put on a little make up. A little foundation, eye liner mascara and lip gloss.

"Gabrielle, if you don"t get down here right now then you won't have enough time to eat breakfast." My mom called from downstairs.

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute." I said, giving my self a once over in my full length mirror before heading downstairs. My outfit showed of my new curves well.

I was wearing high waisted light wash skinny jeans, a white bodysuit with a pink bomber jacket over top , and matching white converse. I wasn't wearing any jewelry except my gold heart shaped locket that Casper had given me for my 10th birthday. I ran my fingers across the heart. 

Casper. He was my best friend, and the only friend i've ever had not betray me. Except for that 6th grade incident, but that's hardly betrayal. When i got downstairs i saw a black backpack randomly sitting in the middle of the floor. Hmm?  I wonder if someones here. I got my answer when i walked into my kitchen and saw a boy with jet black hair sitting on my kitchen counter indian style eating cereal.

"Enjoying my cereal Cas?" I asked Casper as he continued to munch on my captain crunch.

"Yes, yes i am." He responded.

Same old Casper. I walked over to my fridge and looked for something eat. After standing there for a while i finally settled on a chocolate flavored yogurt cup.

"So how was your summer Gabe?" Casper said still not looking up fromt the cereal bowl.

"Great. How about yours ? I said finishing the yogurt cup in three spoon fulls.

"Oh, you know mine was pretty..." He trailed off, a look of shock on his face as he looked at me for the first time this morning.

Well come to think of it it's the fist time he's seen me since the beginning of June, actually. His parent's sent him to some fine art's camp the the the second week of summer break. So i guess that kinda of explains the look of shock on his face. I probably looked like a completely different person.

"Pretty...?" I said trying to break the awkward silence as my best friend continued to stare at me as if I was a stranger standing in front of him.

"Uhm, good. It was pretty good." He said, recomposing himself.

"That's good." I smiled.

"Yeah... You look ...different." He said clearing his throat.

Nice Casper... way to make things even more awkward, i thought to my self, feeling my face heat up some.

"Yeah, so you ready to go?" I said  throwing my purse over my shoulders and picking up my stack of books.

"Oh, yeah." he said playing with his car keys as he walked past me and toward the front door.

"We're leaving Mom." I called over my shoulder.

"Okay, you two have a good day." She responded.

I followed Casper out to his car, making sure to shut the front door behind me.

I didn't have anymore time, for embarrassment, awkwardness or nervousness. Because today was my first day of school, and more importantly, the start of phase one, in my plan for revenge.