Chapter 4-Pizza Party for two

"I come Bearing Pizza and pear juice." I said, cheerily smiling at my bestfriend.

He blinked up at me sleepily, as he stood in the front doorway to his house. His hair was a tousled mess and his eyelids looked a little red, which was a usual componnent of his sleepy face.

"What are you doin here?" He questioned, looking over at the clock on the back wall.

"I wanted to check up on you since you seemed upset earlier." I said slipping past him and entering the house.

"You shouldn't have left early for that, and I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine." I said referring to the way his Irish accent became more pronounce with every word, this only really happened when he was really excited or really mad. Taking in the way he was glaring at me right now I'd say it was the 2nd one.

"Did I do something?" I said starring up at him from the now open box of pizza, as I sat on his living room couch.

"No.." He said hesitantly, letting out a sigh before plopping down next to me on the couch.

"Really?"

"Really."

"For sure?"

"For sure."

"Then what's wrong?"

"...Nothing." He said hesitatingly, starring down at the pizza slice in his hand.

"Come on, I know you better then that. Besides, your not even trying that hard to fool me. So on some level you must actually want to tell me. So come on, tell me what's wrong, please?" I said resting my hand on his arm.

"....."

".......?"

"It's-Oh nevermind. I'm just stupid, that's all."

"What? You are so not stupid, your like the smartest guy I know! Who called you stupid, I will shove my foot so far up there-"

"Whooaa, Whoaa!," He said with a huge grin on his face. "Really that's not necessary. No one said it, I just know it about myself. It's something I've known for a while now. Today was just one of those days that made me more aware of it then usual."

"Your really not stupid Cass. Why would you think that?"

He paused for a second, Taking a moment to finish off his piece of pizza.

"I don't really want to talk about it right now, Potato. Maybe I'll tell you about it someday, but not today, okay? Today let's just be happy, and eat pizza." He said, looking straight into my eyes this time.

I really can never tell what that boy is thinking His crystal clear eyes always seem to hold such mysteries.

"Okay," I smiled. "Someday though, right?" I said sticking my pinky in the air.

"Someday." He grinned, Locking his own pinky around my own. Sealing our promise.

And so we did as Casper wanted and enjoyed our little pizza party for two, Watching movies for the rest of the evening until it was time for me to go home. By the time I realized what time it was it was 11:30.

"Hey Potato! Where do you think your going?" He said watching me precariously as I hopped up from the couch, heading for the front door.

"Umm, Home?"

"Just wait a second I'll find me keys and take you home." He said patting himself down for his keys.

"It's fine dude, I road my bike anyway."

"Stop moving and just wait for me to get my keys. Seriously, you act so oblivious sometimes."

"What are you talking about?"

"Uh, How do I put this.. You, Gabby, are a girl. Therefore, you should not be riding a bike home at midnight."

"It's not quite midnight it's 11:45-"

"Close enough."

"-And secondly, I'm not a girl, remember?"

"No I don't, What are you then? A WHOA-MAN?" He said snickering as he finally found his keys.

"No. I, am a potato."

He nearly busted a gut at this, as we walked out his front door and headed toward his car.

When we finally got in the car he took a minute to recompose himself before he put the car in gear.

He pulled the car out of his driveway and started heading in the direction of my house.

We sung along to a upbeat song off of his Pandora station he had in his phone.

Before I knew it we were in front of my house. He got out of the car with me and took my bike out of his trunk for me, I thought He would just hand it to me but instead he walked it all the way up to my front porch along side me.

"Night Cassy." I teased before unlocking my door.

"Thanks for bring me home by the way." I shouted over my shoulder.

Just then I felt my self being pulled back. Caspar turned me around and brought me into a warm hug.

I was a bit taken back but hugged him back anyway.

"Hey Gabby?" He said still hugging?

"Yes, Cass?" I answered curiously.

"Your not just a potato to me."

"I'm not?" I giggled.

"Nope." He said still holding me close.

"Then what am I?" I asked hesitantly, honestly wanting to know the answer. But scared at the same time.

"Your..." He started, his arms tightening around me slightly.

"I'm..?"  I said a bit anxiously, the suspense eating me alive.

"Your a Sweet Potato." He said letting me go and running back to his car laughing, before I could hit him.

"Ugh, I dislike you a lot Casper Crew!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the neighborhood.

"No you don't!" He shouted back from his car.

"I know..., Sweet Dreams Cass." I shouted back before turning my back and entering my house.

"Sweet Dreams Sweet Potato." I heard him call out, before I closed my door. As I headed up the stairs to my room I heard the sound of his car driving away.

"I couldn't dislike you if i wanted to." I said to no one. As I turned the light off to my room and closed the door.

I did indeed have a sweet dream that night .But then agian,

 My dreams are always sweet, when they involve Casper Crew.