Chapter 8-Where have you been?

"Casper, you idiot!" I screamed to no one, as I sent my fluffy, blue bed pillow flying across the room.

I tried to be patient.

I tried to mature.

I tried to wait for him to contact me first.

But It's been over a month since I heard from him and he transferred out of the one class we had together!

I took out my cellphone and furiously tapped away at the touch screen, daring to try to contact Casper one more time before I'd really lose my temper.

I sat Indian-style on my bed, my phone directly in front of me, silent.

After 30 minutes of prolonged silence, I could bear it no more.

I sprang to my feet, threw on a pair of volleyball warm-ups and tennis shoes, stormed out of my bedroom and barged straight for the front door.

If Casper was mad at me for some reason, If I had somehow done something to make him suddenly hate me, he was going to have to man up and tell me to my face what I did.

My feet barely touched the steps as I sprinted down the staircase.

Finally, I grabbed ahold of the door knob, and flung the door open with a particularly hard tug.

I was stopped in my tracks as my brown eyes met with those of the last person I would have ever expected to see at my front door.

"Casey? Casey Valdez?" I said, still in shock.

"Yeah..Gabrielle, is that really you? For a second I thought I had gotten the wrong house."

"Oh yeah...well.." I said, running a hand through my silky black extensions.

"So...can I come in...?"

"Oh! Yeah of course, come on in!"

Where the heck did the hot chocolate come from? Perhaps there should be something in between. A subtle walk to the kitchen, ask if he/she wanted something to drink, made it, and handed it to them. The way you have it now, it seems as though the cocoa just appeared out of thin air. Putting in the extra scene will put the story more in depth and perhaps put in a little bit of a background story on the mysterious Casey Valdez...duh duh duuuuhhhnnnn!!!! (start new chapter with this part of reminesence)

{We both silently sipped our hot chocolates as an awkward silence stretched out between us. It was the beginning of November and already time to start turning the heater on during the day.}

"So-" We said in unison.

"Oh I'm sorry go ahead." I said politely.

"Um I was just going to say you seem well."

"Oh yeah, I am.  Things are pretty good right now, for the most part..."  My mind drifted back to thoughts of Casper.

"That's great, I'm really happy for you."

"Yeah, so what about you? How have you been?"

"I've been alright...So is this a new look?" She said refereeing to my new and improved appearance.

"Uh yeah kind of.."

"Looks good. I like it."

"Thanks. So, What brought you back here of all places?" I say, finally asking the question that had been nagging at me since she appeared on my front porch.

"Well...."

"Yes..."

"We're still friends right? I mean it's been a while but we're still friends right?"

"Of-Of Course." I say not truly knowing the answer myself.

"Well, here's a big secret I want to share with you for old times sake. I got pregnant. I got pregnant by my towns mayors son. He and is family tried to pressure me into killing the baby But I refused. Even though we had been living there for the past 4 years all of my friends I had there turned against me and treated me like the outsider who just came in and brought filth into there perfect little town. All of my Dads fellow Dr. friends and rich patients soon turned there backs on our whole family. They even brought up false malpractice charges against my Dad. We were left without any choice but to leave down. And that's how I ended up back here."

By the end of her story tears had begun pouring from her eyes. Not knowing what else to do, I hugged her. That must have been such a heavy burden for here to carry all this time. Her small tan arms wrapped around me tightly as she cried into my shoulder.

All the feelings of being estranged from this person I had had quickly disappeared. We were still friends. And my friend had been through so much. I just wanted beat all of the people who had treated her so badly. We were friends after all, best friends.

After she had stopped crying I she told me that she was actually still pregnant, 5 months, though you would have never guessed. Her waist was still tiny, with a very slight amount of what looked to be muffin top but was all baby.

Her parents had let her move here first and rented her an apartment, while they finished tying up their loose-ends back home.

We ended up staying up all night talking, before falling asleep on the couch.

It wasn't until the next morning when I went up to my room that I saw my phone flashing.

I had 4 missed calls. 3 from Casper, and 1 from his Mom...