1.4 ice cream talks

»»» song: coldplay - the scientist

23rd August

Thessaloniki

Some said, the first five seconds of a person staring at you was how they really felt.
Because after those five seconds were up, their thoughts caught up with their actions and they started hiding all those feelings they'd just let slip through.

»»» 

Music was faintly playing from her headphones, getting mixed with silent noises of the night. Like a cat's mewing down the street, in the distance. Covered by some reagge music playing from some bar. Becoming one with noises of all those people surrounding her.
Her eyes were closed, hands folded on her lap. Her thoughts running wildly as she felt dark waves rhythmically crashing underneath her. The urge of recollecting all those thoughts, making somehow fun of her.

Only the buzzing phone in her hands could disturb this peaceful silence for her. Along with the music stopping. With a groan she unplugged the headphones, swiping over the device's screen.

"Hello?"
"Thalia, where are you?"
Her eyes shifted to the sea in front of her as she tapped her finger to the rhythm of the song playing in the distance.
"Promenade." She'd wanted to think about certain thinks quietly after all.
"Okay. So what happened?" Vicky dragged the last word expectingly. Filled with curiosity.
"What?"
"What 'what'? Spit it out, how was it?"
Tally blinked a few times, not fully comprehending.
"The date, you idiot!"
"Oh that. Yeah, it was good."
Her answer was short. Too short for Vicky's liking.
"Just good?"
"It was great I tell you. We talked about random stuff.. He's funny, really."
"Oh really? Doesn't sound like it if you only stayed for two hours.."
"Well, it was," she retorted, getting a bit annoyed with her. "Okay, maybe," she continued then, tracing her finger over the thin fabric of her tennis skirt. The one Vicky had been insisting for her to wear. "Maybe he talked a bit too much, sometimes. It kinda reminded me of grandma. It was okay, though."
"Whoa," Vicky stopped her, quite irritated. "He reminded you of grandma and you didn't feel like instantly running away?"
Tally stifled a giggle. "Actually, I really didn't mind him talking so much. He studies physics, after all. That's pretty cool to talk about."
Her eyes wandered to the wooden platform she was sitting on. He seemed to be some kind of dream boy, now when she thought back. He looked so cute and was nice, being her type all through. Tall, tan, with brown curls and eyes. He had something of Orlando Bloom in his features and Tally loved Orlando Bloom. He even listened to alternative rock and the fact he studied physics out of all was incredibly fastcinating to her. Even with never quite understanding it, she always had something spare for that subject.
So all in all this guy seemed to be indeed a dream boy.
-Then why couldn't her mind fully let itself in for it?
"Thalia?"
"Yes?"
"I'm currently downtown with some.. friends, do you wanna tag along?"

"Uhm." Truth was, she didn't get along too well with her cousin's friends. They were nice and everything, but there was absolutely nothing they had in common with Tally. Nothing at all.
What was the alternative though, sitting alone in gloom?
"Yeah, sure. Where are you?"
"At the skate park close by."
"O-okay. I'll be there in a bit."

She hang up with a sigh, restarting the song the call interrupted. The faintly playing melody filling her ears once more. 
Chewing on the inside of her lips, she felt a tear rolling down her cheek. Then two. And three.
She wiped them away, not in the mood for anyone to see and exhaled deeply. Hoping the lump in her throat would disappear as quick as it'd appeared. The lump formed by thinking of the reason her date had ended this early. 

The reason for the dark circles under her eyes due to the lack of sleep, covered with concealer. And of course the reason of her sleepless nights lately, in the first place.