1.8 pizza love

»»» song: the virgins - teen lovers

29th August

"I think... if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts."
― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

»»»

"One, two, three !"
Everyone knocked the shots in front of them back, bursting out laughing right afterwards.
"Shit, my tongue burns," Vicky squeaked, shaking her head vigorously. Her eyes squeezed shut. The liquid leaving a bitter taste on her tongue.
Michael passed her a glass of water, patting her back. "That's the fun part though."
"Maybe for you." Giggling, she already grabbed the next shot. "Ashton, count down again!" she demanded, to which Ashton responded with a concerned look.
"A-are you sure you didn't have enough?"
"No, no. I want another round!" she shouted before falling into another fit of laughter.
Usually, he'd have tried to stop them from continuing their dumb drinking game. But since he'd have a few himself, he simply gave in and nodded.
"Alright. One, tw-"
Vicky cut him off though when spotting the tall blond entering through the glass door. "Hey, wait! It's Luke! Lukey," she slurred, waving him over.
Wrapping an arm around his shoulders, Michael nudged him with a grin. "Why so sad?"
Luke didn't say anything though, just grabbed one of the short glasses filled with a brown liquid. Drinking it at a gulp. Followed by another one.
"Wohoo, slow down," Ashton laughed, snatching a third one from his hand. "Did anything happen or why're ya trying to booze up so badly?"
"Just let me drink, please," he whined, reaching out to get the drink back. Finally getting the hint, Michael arched a brow at him with a worried look.
"So.. let me guess. Talking to Tal didn't go all too well?"
"Nope. Now can I please get another drink to hopefully get drunk enough, blackout and forget about it?"
The rest exchanged a glance, before shaking their heads. "Fuck, no."
Squinting his blue eyes angrily at them for a moment, Luke eventually gave up. Throwing his head back in annoyance.
Why was everyone so damn complicated tonight?
"Luke, stop blabbing around and tell us what's going on."
The younger guy only shrugged his shoulders, head low as he hadn't just admitted wanting to drink until dropping like a stone.
He let out another frustrated groan when remembering what had happened only a few moments ago.

"I tried speaking to her." Luke was staring down at one of the shots, still tempted to drink another five of them as he was trying to explain something he couldn't quite understand himself. "But she was.. I don't even know. She was sad, missing her friends. And I might have said some things about her best friend I shouldn't." He heaved a heavy sigh, lips pressed together. "But she kinda overreacted then, and ran away. So now I regret my entire existence."
Ashton, Michael and Vicky exchanged another look, their lips slightly apart. "Wait, where did she run away?" asked Vicky after a while of silence. Concern in her brown eyes. After all, she didn't remember seeing her coming back inside.
"Down the stairs, to the beach I guess."
The brunette's irises widened, a serious expression on her face. Having sobered enough by now.
"You've got to bring her back!" she exclaimed with a slightly panicked voice.
"Why? If she wants t-"
"No, listen. There's no light down there and the sand turns into slippery stones after a while. She's never been here before and doesn't know."
Now the guys' eyes grew wide as well. "She's clumsy," Ashton stated then in a similar worried tone. "Clumsy enough to slip and maybe even get hurt."
"Crap." Luke rubbed his temples, eyes shut while feeling the effect of the previous drinks starting to spread in his head. "Is she always such a drama queen when getting angry?"

Vicky snorted loudly at this, causing her cough a bit afterwards. "Obviously you haven't seen her mad a lot, otherwise you wouldn't ask," she giggled, "She can be the queen of drama queens -if she wants to."
"Tally, really?" Michael asked in disbelief to which she nodded.
"Uh-huh. I speak from experience."
"Huh," was all Luke could say in that moment. Doubts beginning filling him. Maybe he indeed didn't know her as well as he thought. The only time remembering her mad was once, back in Los Angeles.
"Did she yell or shout at you though?" He shook his head, confused to the question.
"Ohh wow," Vicky muttered then, raising a brow. "I'm surprised she still hasn't exploded."
"What?"
"Oh, nothing, nothing. Luke, what are you waiting for? Go get her!" she shouted over the music. Smoothly changing subjects while pushing him towards the direction he'd previously come from.