1.3 decisions

»»» song: the weeknd - prisoner ft. lana del rey

Some relationships were difficult. Whether it was between friends or lovers, or both. Especially when it was the last case. Friends who were in love with each other. And to make it worse, didn't even know it.
Frustrating right? But also thrilling. The tension. The drama. The complications in between. After all, even the most tragic love stories were great. Leaving with a bittersweet aftertaste, tough.

However, our story has yet to evolve. Having barely started yet -but soon will !
Luke and Tally were still separated from each other.
Not only physically.

»»»

15th August

Amsterdam

Exactly one week had passed by now. One week since the photos of Luke and that random girl had gone around. Him still not having a clue what exactly had even happened that night. And to be honest, he wouldn't mind if it stayed this way. Everything seemed to go downhill since then anyway.

Michael barely talked to him. Only if it was necessary. Luke could sense him still being mad. He also noticed Ashton trying to keep an eye on him whenever they were out. They'd still laugh and joke with each other, but the feeling his eyes were giving him, gave it away. Only Calum seemed to tread him as always. With no hidden undertone in his voice or specific glare.
Luke was glad to know one of them on his side. However, was there even such a thing like sides in this situation? And if there were, wouldn't his be the wrong one?
It was stuff like this which made him realise how much of an impact she actually had on him, without even noticing. She'd changed the way he was looking on things now. And he still couldn't believe how dumb he'd been to let her go without telling her. Maybe everything would've been different now.
He'd made his choice back then, though. And deep inside he still felt certain of having made the right one.

The thing that worried him right now was neither his stupid, drunk mistake nor his choice the night she'd left. What worried him was that she wasn't replying to any texts or calls. Neither his or the others'.
Calum said, she might be on a trip with no wifi. And he wanted to believe him. He really wanted, but failed. Something telling him she was purposely choosing not to respond. And when Tally was ignoring someone, it only meant they did her a mischief.
Though he couldn't think of a possible reason why she'd react like this. Making him only more anxious.
He was trying, day and night. Whenever he found time in between of interviews, shoots, live performances and sleeping. Every time hoping to hear her voice on the other end.

It was a triste evening. Him hanging out with Michael and Ashton, watching them play on their portable XBox. They were in Michael's hotel room, waiting for a car to pick them up and drive them to the airport.
Only two more cities remained in Europe before getting on a short break. Till their next performances in the States at the beginning of September.
Spending his summer this way surely wasn't the greatest thing. Especially not if they'd ended a tour only a bit over a month ago. It was okay though. Somehow it always was. It had to.
Calum was somewhere strolling around, bored of waiting and watching Ashton lose against Michael in GTA. As always.

Sighing, Luke averted his gaze from them. Propping his chin on a fist, while listening to loud music with his headphones. The only way to avoid loud thoughts.
A storm from south Europe had made its way up there, letting no sign of warm weather through all day long. It was night by now, but there still was no end in sight.
He laughed under his breath. Maybe it was a metaphor for his inner state. It was raining for him on the inside, after all, so it didn't make any difference anyway.
The wind was blowing through the green trees, making their leaves rattle loudly.
"Shit, no!" Michael suddenly exclaimed, groaning. "No, that doesn't count!"
Ashton was hysterically laughing, cheeks red. "Of course it does, Michael!"
"No. Nope. The thing there distracted me."
"That's bullshit," Ashton shook his head, still laughing. Michael was a sore loser and it was amusing. He put the controller down then. "You lost once and now you try to bluff it out."
The dyed-redhead huffed, offended. "That's.. that's not true."
He cocked a brow him. "You're a bad loser, Mikey. And that's funny, cause you're not only one in games."
Another fit of laughter erupted from Ashton's lips at his own hilarious remark, causing Michael facepalm his face. "That was so bad, I can't," he mumbled into the palm of his hand then, "Did Luke's lame humour rubbed off on you or what?"
Luke didn't even bother to retort to that. He just kept looking out. Raindrops crashing against the glass.
It reminded him of the time they'd been performing in New York. How she'd been standing there in the rain. A smile on her face, not caring about getting soaked. Such a genuine smile that it still made him wonder when thinking back at that time.
He missed that smile. He missed it a lot. Along with the girl it belonged to.
The rain kept pouring down. Harder and harder. It seemed never-ending. But it did calm down eventually, even stopping. And along with the rain, also the thought of sitting there idle got replaced by another one. The one of choosing to actually do something. Not to just hope she'd reply some day. It'd be cowardy to do so, since he was the one messing up in the first place. Even if he wasn't sure of what he'd actually done. He knew he'd done something and had to own up to it already. Not waiting months to do so.
So without the others noticing, he slid out his phone. Drafting a text for her, like all the other days before. This time was different though. I'd be his last text to her.
His thumb was hovering over the enter key, debating whether to send it or not. But there was nothing else left. He had to.